Google Cloud Vision API enables developers to understand the content of an image by encapsulating powerful machine learning models in an easy to use REST API.
It quickly classifies images into thousands of categories (e.g., "sailboat", "lion", "Eiffel Tower"), detects individual objects and faces within images, and finds and reads printed words contained within images.
The Google Vision package can perform metadata analysis on images. There are multiple use cases depending on the industry and application.
The possible use cases are:
- Label Detection - Detect broad sets of categories within an image, ranging from modes of transportation to animals.
- Explicit Content Detection - Detect explicit content like adult themes or violence within an image.
- Logo Detection - Detect popular product logos within an image.
- Optical Character Recognition - Detect and extract text within an image, with support for a broad range of languages, along with support for automatic language identification.
- Face Detection - Detect multiple faces within an image.
- Web Detection - Search the Internet for similar images.
Updated about a month ago