Copies an Excel chart to the clipboard for use in other activities. You can paste a chart later in the automation in a Word document using the Paste Chart/Picture into Document activity or in a PowerPoint slide using the Paste Item into Slide activity.
The activity can be used with an Excel file selected for a parent Use Excel File activity or with the Project Notebook.
- Chart - Click Plus on the right side of the field, then, from the menu, select the file, sheet, and then a chart, or select Indicate in Excel to indicate a chart directly from the file. Alternatively, you can select Custom Input to enter a chart name manually, or Open in Advanced Editor to enter a VB expression.
- Action - The action to be applied to the selected chart:
- Copy to clipboard - Copies the selected chart to clipboard.
- Save as picture - Saves the selected chart as a picture.
- File name - The name of the file where the chart is saved as a picture. Click Browse next to the field, browse to a location, and then choose a name for the file and click Save.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- Action - See Action in the body of the activity.
- Chart - See Chart in the body of the activity.
- File name - See File name in the body of the activity.
- Replace existing file - Replaces an existing file with the same name when saving the chart as a picture.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
Updated 18 days ago