Writes a data table that was saved for later to an Excel file. The activity can be used with Excel files selected for parent Use Excel File activities or with the Project Notebook.
This activity takes data from a DataTable type in memory and writes it into Excel. If you need to move data from one Excel location to another Excel location, use the Copy/Paste Range activity.
- What to write - Click Plus on the right side of the field, and then use one of the options in the menu to indicate the data to write:
- Select an Excel file, and then a named range, table, or sheet. To open the file and select a range directly from the file, select Indicate in Excel. Alternatively, you can select Custom Input to enter the range manually.
- Use Saved Value - Select a data table value that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Open in Advanced Editor to enter a VB expression.
- Destination - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select the Excel file and then a named range, table, or sheet where to write the data, Indicate in Excel to open the file and select a range directly from the file, or Custom Input to enter the destination range manually.
- Append - If selected, the data is added starting with the first blank row in the destination range. If not selected, the data is added starting with the first row in the destination range, replacing any existing data. This option is not selected by default.
- Exclude headers - If selected, the header row or the first row in the source range is not written in the destination range. This option is not selected by default.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- See What to write in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
- See the options in the body of the activity.
- See Destination in the body of the activity.
Updated 4 months ago