Exports the document in PDF format. Can only be used in the Word Application Scope activity.
- File path - The full path of the PDF file to be created. Only String variables and strings are supported.
Strings must be placed between quotation marks.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
Exports the Word document in PDF format. If a PDF file with the same name already exists in the specified location, the file is replaced when the automation is executed. This activity must be added inside a Use Word File activity.
Configuring the Activity
In the Body of the Activity
- File path to save as - Click Browse next to the field, then browse to a folder where to create the PDF file, enter a name for the file, and click Save. Alternatively, you can click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, choose one of the available options to indicate the path of the PDF file to export to:
- Data from the Project Notebook, a parent Excel file or Outlook account. For example, select an Excel file and then select a cell that contains a file path, or indicate a field from a selected email in Outlook that contains a file path.
- Use Saved Value - Select a value in the form of a file path that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Text - Enter a file path in the Text Builder. You can combine text with a formula from an Excel file cell, for example to add a date to the file name using formulas in the Project Notebook.
- Ask when run - Prompt for a file path when the project is executed.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
In the Properties Panel
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- File path - See File path to save as in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
Updated 5 months ago