Lets you select a PowerPoint presentation to use in the automation. After you add the activity and indicate the file, add the PowerPoint activities to perform on the presentation inside this activity. If the specified file does not exist, the file can be created by the automation based either on a blank presentation or on a specified template file.
- Presentation file - Click Browse next to the field, and then browse to and select a PowerPoint file to use in the automation.
To create a new file when the automation is executed, browse to the folder where to create it, enter the file name, and make sure to select the Create if needed option.
If you need to work with a file with a dynamic name, you can provide the file path using one of the options in the Plus menu on the right side of the field. For example, select a cell in the Project Notebook where the file path can be extracted daily using the provided formulas, or select Ask when run to enter the path of the file when executing the project.
- Reference as - Enter a name by which to refer to the file in the automation project.
- Autosave - Saves the presentation on each change caused by an activity. If disabled, the changes are saved only after all the activities added inside Use PowerPoint Presentation are executed. This option is selected by default.
- Create if needed - When selected, if the specified presentation file does not exist, a new presentation is created. When not selected, an error occurs if the presentation file cannot be found. This option is not selected by default.
- Theme file - When you use this activity to create a new file, select this option to use layouts imported from a template presentation. If no theme file is specified, a blank presentation is created.
The layouts are imported in the new file and are available for selection from the Plus menu, allowing you to easily configure the activities added inside Use PowerPoint Presentation.
To specify the theme file, click Browse next to the Copy slide master from field, and then browse to and select the file. Alternatively, you can provide the path to the file using one of the options in the Plus .
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- Edit password - The password required for editing the PowerPoint presentation, if the file is password-protected.
- Password - The password required for opening the PowerPoint presentation, if the file is password-protected.
- Path - The path to the PowerPoint presentation. If the file does not exist and you select the Create new file option, the file is created when the automation is executed.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
- Auto save - See Autosave in the body of the activity.
- Create new file - See Create new file in the body of the activity.
- Read only - If selected, the specified presentation is opened in Read-Only mode. Selecting this check box enables you to perform data extraction operations in a file which is locked for editing or has an edit password. This option is not selected by default.
- Use template file - See Theme file in the body of the activity.
Updated 19 days ago