Inserts a column in a sheet, table, or range at the specified location. You can add a column header and select how to format the data in the column. The activity can be used with an Excel file selected for a parent Use Excel File activity or with the Project Notebook.
- Range - Click Plus on the right side of the field, then, from the menu, select the file and then a sheet, table, or range where to insert the column, or select Indicate in Excel to indicate a range directly from the file. Alternatively, you can select Custom Input to enter a range, table name, or sheet name manually, or Open in Advanced Editor to enter a VB expression.
- Has headers - If this option is selected, it indicates that the first row in the defined source range is a header row. When you then indicate where to insert the column, the values in the column headers are displayed in Relative to column > Range, enabling you to easily identify the column next to which to insert the new column. If this option is not selected, Relative to column > Range displays column letters when the source range is a sheet or a range, or header row values when the source range is a table.
- Relative to column - Click Plus on the right side of the field, and then select Range and the existing column next to which to insert the new column. Depending on your selections for Source range and Has headers, the columns can be identified by the values in the first row of the selection or the letter of the column.
- Where - Select if the column should be added before or after the column selected for Relative to column.
- Add header - Click Plus on the right side of the field, and then use one of the options in the menu to select a value to add as header in the first row of the new column. If no header is defined, the cell in the first row of the new column is blank.
- Range - Select one of the column headers from the source range.
- Select an Excel file and then a named cell whose contents to use as header, or select Indicate in Excel to indicate a cell directly from the file.
- Use Saved Value - Select a value that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Text - Enter text in the Text Builder.
- Ask when run - Prompt for a value when the project is executed.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
- Format data as type - Click Set Format to open the Format data as type window, and then select the format for the data in the new column from the Category drop-down list: General, Number, Date, Time, Percentage, Currency, Text, or Custom. Depending on your selection, other options may appear for additional configuration.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- Add header - See Add header in the body of the activity.
- Relative to column - See Relative to column in the body of the activity.
- Range - See Range in the body of the activity.
- Where to insert - See Where in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
- Has headers - See Has headers in the body of the activity.
Updated 24 days ago