This connector is currently in Preview.
Slack is a team messaging platform created for effective communication across the workspace.
The Slack connector offers various collaboration tools including custom designed activities / APIs for creating private or public channels, sending messages in a channel, sending direct messages, replying to a conversation thread, sending multimedia files in a channel etc. It also offers user and access management across multiple collaboration elements.
Before automating processes, you need to establish a connection with your Slack instance. Step-by-step instructions on how to do that are available in our Slack authentication guide.
You can use the connection to enable the Slack Activities Package in UiPath Studio to build automations for user and channel management, scheduled messaging, and other ways of working together, such as:
- sending a message in a channel
- sending a reply to a chat
- inviting a user to a channel
- notifying all the users of a usergroup regarding an important update; for instance, Quarter Sales Results to the entire Sales / Marketing team group
- uploading a media file as a Slack message in a channel
- creating channels for different teams and users based on need / topic / goal
- getting all the replies for a particular chat
- removing a user from a channel
- providing permissions / apps to all the users of a usergroup; for instance, provide Admin access to set number of users of the Admin group
- downloading important files such as quarterly results, from a Slack message
The Slack Connector does not currently support events.
The UiPath Connector is compatible with Slack Web API v2.
Learn more on the Slack documentation platform.
Updated 2 months ago