- About the connector for Slack
- Authentication for Slack
Authentication for Slack
To be able to create a connection, you need to:
- to be a member or a guest of a Slack workspace
Add the connection for Slack
To create a connection to your Slack instance, you need to perform the following steps:
- Select Integration Service from Automation Cloud.
From the Connectors list, select Slack.
You can also use the search bar to narrow down the connector.
- Select the Add connection button.
Connect with Bot Token or User Token. Connecting with Bot Token is the default.Note:
Access tokens are configured so that the OAuth2 app can obtain all the necessary scopes and permissions to perform actions on your behalf such as read, write and interact.
Bot Token: Bot tokens represent a “bot” associated with the app installed in a workspace. Unlike user tokens, they're not tied to a user's identity; they're just tied to your app. Since acting independently allows your app to stay installed even when an installing user is deactivated, using bot tokens is most recommended.
User Token: User tokens represent workspace members. They are issued for the user who installed the app and for users who authenticate the app. You can use these tokens to take actions on behalf of users. User tokens represent the same access a user has to a Slack workspace i.e. the channels, conversations, users, reactions, etc. they can see in their Slack application.
For more details on the token types, please refer to this page.
You are now redirected to Slack sign in page. Enter your workspace URL and select Continue.
- If you're a member of the workspace, select Sign in with SSO. If you're a
guest, select I have a guest account and you are prompted to enter your
email address and password. For this example, we are choosing to sign in with
Select Allow. With access to your Slack account, UiPath can do the following:
- View content and info about you
- View content and info about channels and conversations
- View content and info about your workspace
- Perform actions as you
- Perform actions in channels and conversations
Perform actions in your workspace
- Your connection has been added.