- About the Microsoft Sentiment connector
- Microsoft Sentiment authentication
Microsoft Sentiment authentication
To be able to create a connection, you need to provide the following credentials:
- Authorization Key
Retrieve your credentials
To retrieve your credentials, follow the steps below:
- Login to your https://portal.azure.com dashboard and search for your Language service using the search bar.
In the Cognitive Services | Language service overview page, click your resource, for example, MS-Sentiment-Analysis.
- Under Resource Management, select Keys and Endpoint.
Your authorization keys and endpoint are displayed.
Add the Microsoft Sentiment connection
To create a connection to your Microsoft Sentiment instance, you need to perform the following steps:
- Select Integration Service from Automation Cloud.
From the Connectors list, select Microsoft Sentiment.
You can also use the search bar to narrow down the connector.
- Select the Add connection button.
You are redirected to the login page where you must provide your endpoint and your authorization key.
- Select Connect.
- Your connection has been added.
For more information about authenticating in Microsoft Sentiment, visit the Authenticate requests to Azure Cognitive Services page.