Dropbox Business authentication
To create a connection to your Dropbox Business instance, you must provide your login credentials:
Users who have two-factor authentication configured for their profiles also have to provide a six-digit code before the connection is established.
Add the Dropbox Business connection
To create a connection to your Dropbox Business instance, you need to perform the following steps:
- Select Integration Service from Automation Cloud.
From the Connectors list, select Dropbox Business.
You can also use the search bar to narrow down the connector.
- Select the Add connection button.
You are now redirected to the connection page. Enter your username and password and click Sign in. You can also choose to sign in using your Google or Apple credentials.
- Enter the code generated by your authenticator app.
- Your connection has been added.
The app requires the following permissions from your behalf:
- Edit content of your Dropbox files and folders, view content of your Dropbox files and folders, and view and edit information about your Dropbox files and folders
- View and manage your Dropbox file requests, Dropbox sharing settings and collaborators, and manually added Dropbox contacts
- View and edit basic information about your Dropbox account, such as your profile photo.