Microsoft Outlook 365 authentication
Depending on the authentication type you select, you need one of the following:
- Your Microsoft account email address and password.
- Your application's Client ID and Client secret.
Additionally, you must grant permissions to third party apps to access your information. For any error, contact your Microsoft Outlook 365 administrator.
Grant permissions to third party apps
Before establishing the connection, make sure permissions are granted for integrated apps from the admin center:
- Log in to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
Go to Settings and select Org settings.
Under the Services tab, select User consent to apps.
Make sure the Let users provide consent when apps request access to your organization's data on their behalf checkbox is enabled and select Save.
Add the Microsoft Outlook 365 connection
To create a connection to your Microsoft Outlook 365 instance, you need to perform the following steps:
- Select Integration Service from Automation Cloud.
From the Connectors list, select Microsoft Outlook 365. You can also use the search bar to find the connector.
- Select the Add connection button.
- You are now redirected to the Microsoft login page. Enter your email address and select Next.
- Enter your password and select Sign in.
- Your connection has been added.
In case you encounter any errors during the sign-in process, it is recommended to contact your Microsoft Outlook 365 administrator.
For more information, refer to the Office 365 Outlook connector documentation.