- About the Workday connector
- Prerequisites for Creating a Connection
Integration Service User Guide
Last updated Dec 4, 2023
Prerequisites for Creating a Connection
This page lists all the prerequisites for creating a connection between Integration Service and Workday.
Create an Integration System User (ISU)
- In your Workday portal, log into the Workday tenant.
- In the Search field, type Create Integration System User.
- Select the Create Integration System User task.
- On the Create Integration System User page, in the Account Information
section, enter a user name, and enter and confirm your password. Click
OK.Note: Due to XML encoding, `&`, `<`, and `>` cannot be included in the password. Make sure Require New Password at Next Sign In is not checked. You'll want to add this user to the list of System Users to make sure the password doesn't expire.
Create a Security Group and Assign an Integration System User
Now, add the Integration System User created earlier to a Security Group.
- In the Search field, type Create Security Group.
- Select the Create Security Group task. Click OK.
- Within the Create Security Group page, choose Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained) from the Type of Tenanted Security Group drop-down menu.
- In the Name field, enter a name and click OK.
- Input the same name that you used during the ISU creation process into the
Name field in the Edit Integration System Security Group
(Unconstrained) page and select OK.
Configure Domain Security Policy Permissions
- In the Search field, type Maintain Permissions for Security
- Please ensure that the Operation is set to Maintain, and confirm that
the Source Security Group matches the security group assigned in the
- Add the Domain Security Policy corresponding to your needs. Note that Get
Only is meant just to read data whereas Get and Put
are meant to read and create/update data. You can consult your
implementation partner or administrator to configure these API
permissions.Note: Permission smight differ from one implementation to another, so this may require working with your Workday administratior or implementation team to do so.
Activate Security Policy Changes
- In the search bar, type Activate Pending Security Policy Changes to
view a summary of the changes in the security policy that need to be
- Add any relevant comments on the window that pops up.
- Confirm the changes in order to apply them.
Validate that the Authentication Policy is Sufficient
Check the Manage Authentication Policies section to ensure the ISU you created is added to a policy that can access the necessary domains. It should not be restricted to only the SAML Allowed Authentication Types – if this is the case, you can create a new Authentication Policy with a User Name Password Allowed Authentication Type. For now, let us edit the one in our case.
- Ensure that the Environments are configured accurately. In our case, we
use Implemetation and Sales. Next, establish an Authentication Rule Name
and include the Security Group within the rule.
- Make sure the Allowed Authentication Types is set to Specific,
with the User Name Password option selected, or to Any.
Activate All Pending Authentication Policy Changes
- IN the search bar, type Activate All Pending Authentication Policy
- Add a comment and proceed to the next screen, confirming the changes. this
saves the Authentication Policy that you just created.
Obtain the Web Services Endpoint for the Workday Tenant
In order to successfully create a connection, you also require your specific Workday web services endpoint, which you can find out by performing the following steps:
- Use the Workday Search to search for Public Web Services.
- Open the Public Web Services Report.
- Hover over any item and click the ant menu that appears.
- Navigate to Web Services > View WDSL. Scroll to the bottom of the page, where you can find the host.
- Search for a link that contains
services, for example
Entering Credentials into Integration Service
- For Hostname use the Web Services Endpoint you retrieved
- For Username: Input the Integration System User's name that was created in the beginning.
- For Password input the password for the Integration System User that you created in the beginning.
- For Tenant, enter your Workday Tenant name. For example, if
you sign in at
uipath. After entering all the credentials, the connection is created.
- Create an Integration System User (ISU)
- Create a Security Group and Assign an Integration System User
- Configure Domain Security Policy Permissions
- Activate Security Policy Changes
- Validate that the Authentication Policy is Sufficient
- Activate All Pending Authentication Policy Changes
- Obtain the Web Services Endpoint for the Workday Tenant
- Entering Credentials into Integration Service