- About the connector for Slack
- Authentication for Slack
About the connector for Slack
Slack is a team messaging platform created for effective communication across the workspace.
The connector for Slack offers various collaboration tools including custom designed activities / APIs for creating private or public channels, sending messages in a channel, sending direct messages, replying to a conversation thread, sending multimedia files in a channel etc. It also offers user and access management across multiple collaboration elements.
Before automating processes, you need to establish a connection with your Slack instance. Step-by-step instructions are available in our authentication for Slack page.
The connector for Slack does not currently support events.
You can use the connection to enable the Slack activities package in UiPath Studio and build automations for user and channel management, scheduled messaging, and other ways of working together. These activities allow you to execute create, read, update, and delete operations on your Slack objects.
ou can use the connection to enable the Slack activities package in UiPath Studio to build automations for user and channel management, scheduled messaging, and other ways of working together, such as:
- Sending a message in a channel or MPIM group as a Bot or User
- Sending a message in a channel or to a user using a customized Bot name and icon
- Sending notifications/announcements to public channels as a Bot even if the Bot is not a channel member
- Sending individual message (IM) as a Bot or User
- Sending a reply to a message
- Sending messages with preview of links such as Jira ticket or GitHub issue etc.
- Creating a user group for multiple channels as a Bot or User
- Adding or replacing all users of a user group as a Bot or User
- Inviting one or more users to a channel as a Bot or User
- Notifying all the users of a user group regarding an important update; For instance, notifying as a Bot or User, the Quarterly Sales Results to the entire Sales / Marketing team group
- Uploading a media file as a Slack message in a channel
- Creating public or private channels for different teams and users based on need / topic / goal as a Bot or User
- Removing a user from a channel as a Bot or User
- Downloading important files such as quarterly results, from a URL via Slack message
- Retrieving the list of custom emojis of the connected workspace to be used for sending org-wide announcements or as a Bot icon or for changing the user profile status
- Retrieving the list of channels and users of the connected workspace in order to send messages.
- Creating/Setting a reminder for a user and notifying the user in periodic intervals of time for any upcoming/repetitive tasks.
- Dynamically changing the status of the current authenticated user, in case of an event such as periodic time shifts.
- Reading the public, private channel information as a Bot or User for sending messages or managing users
- Reading the user information such as name, email etc. as a Bot or User for sending notifications
- Reading the information of the connected workspace such as name, icon and email domain for defaulting all the actions such as sending message, creating channel, creating user group etc. to the connected workspace in multi-org setup.
- Reading the reactions of people on a message as a Bot or User for sentiment analysis
The UiPath connector is compatible with Slack Web API v2. Learn more on the Slack documentation platform.