In the Studio profile, this activity is named Word Application Scope.
Opens a Word document and provides a scope for other Word activities. When this activity ends, the document and the Word application are closed. If the specified file does not exist, a new document file is created. This activity can only be used if the Microsoft Word application is installed on your machine.
- FilePath - The full path of the Word file to be used. If the Word file to be used is located in the project folder, its relative path can be used. Only String variables and strings are supported.
Strings must be placed between quotation marks.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
In the StudioX profile, this activity is named Use Word File.
Lets you select a Word document to use in the automation. After you add the activity and indicate the file, add the Word activities to perform on the file inside this activity. If the specified file does not exist, the file is created when the project is executed. When this activity ends, the document and the Word application are closed.
If the activity is added inside a Use Excel File or Use Outlook Account activity, you can select data from that Excel file or Outlook account when configuring the activities added inside Use Word File.
To learn how to use this activity:
- Create a project using the Complete Word Template from Excel and Email project template.
- See Tutorial: Working with Word Automation.
Configuring the Activity
In the Body of the Activity
- Word file - Click Browse next to the field, and then browse to and select a Word document. Alternatively, you can provide the file path using one of the options in the Plus menu on the right side of the field. For example, select a cell in the Project Notebook that contains a path to a Word document or select Ask when run to enter a path manually when the project is executed.
In the Properties Panel
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- File path - See Word file in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
Updated 3 months ago