Writes text at the end of a document. Can only be used in the Word Application Scope activity.
- Text - The string or string variable to be written. Only String variables and strings are supported.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- New line - If selected, a new line is added before appending the text to the document. By default, this check box is selected.
Writes text at the end of a Word document. This activity must be added inside a Use Word File activity.
Configuring the Activity
In the Body of the Activity
- Text - Click Plus on the right side of the field, and then, from the menu, choose one of the available options to indicate the text to add to the Word document:
- Data from the Project Notebook, a parent Excel file or Outlook account. For example, select an Excel file, and then select a cell that contains the text, or indicate a field from a selected email in Outlook that contains the text.
- Use Saved Value - Select a value that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Text - Enter the text in the Text Builder.
- Ask when run - Prompt for the text when the project is executed.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
- Add new line before text - Select this option if you want to insert a line break after the text already in the document before adding the new text. If not selected, the text is added starting at the end of the last line with text in the Word document.
In the Properties Panel
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- Text - See Text in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
- New line - See Add new line before text in the body of the activity.
Updated 5 months ago