Saves the attachments of a mail message to a specified folder on your computer. Should be used for the currently selected email, or while iterating through a list of emails. This activity must be added inside a Use Outlook Account activity.
To learn how to use this activity, see:
- Tutorial: Iterating through Outlook Mails and Saving Attachments.
- Tutorial: Saving, Renaming, and Moving Attachments.
- Email - Click Plus on the right side of the field, and then, from the menu, select the email whose attachments to save. When the activity is inside a For Each Email activity, select CurrentMail to indicate the current mail in the iteration. Otherwise, select Selected Mail to use the message that is selected in Outlook when the project is executed. Alternatively, you can select Open in Advanced Editor and enter a VB expression.
- Filter by file name (e.g. *.xls) - Optionally, click Plus on the right side of the field, then select Text from the menu, and enter a filter to narrow down the types of attachments to save by file name. For example, to only save PDF attachments, enter
- Save to folder - Click Browse next to the field, and then browse to and select the folder where to save the attachments. Alternatively, you can indicate a file by selecting an option from the Plus menu on the right side of the field. If a file with the same name as an attachment already exists in the folder, a digit is appended to the attachment name. If no folder is selected, the attachments are saved to the project folder.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- See the options in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
- Attachments - List of attachments saved from the mail.
Updated 5 months ago