Enters a formula or a text in all the cells in a range. The activity can be used with an Excel file selected for a parent Use Excel File activity or with the Project Notebook.
If you enter a formula using the Text Builder, Excel's auto-increment functionality updates the given formula for all rows and columns. For example, the following activity will write the formula
C4, and so on.
- Where to write - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select a named range or table to fill with data, or select Indicate in Excel to indicate a range directly from the file. Alternatively, you can select Custom Input to enter a range or table name manually, or Open in Advanced Editor to enter a VB expression.
- What to write - Click Plus on the right side of the field, and then use one of the options in the menu to indicate the data to add to the cells in the range:
- Data from the Project Notebook, a parent Excel file or Outlook account. For example, select a cell in an Excel file to copy the value from that cell to every cell in the range.
- Use Saved Value - Select a value that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Text - Enter data in the Text Builder. Entering an Excel formula updates the formula for each cell in the range.
- Number - Enter a numeric value.
- Ask when run - Prompt for data to enter when the project is executed.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- See Where to write in the body of the activity.
- See What to write in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
Updated 25 days ago