Formats a range of cells as a table with a specified name. After the table is created, you can reference it later in your automation using its name. The activity can be used with an Excel file selected for a parent Use Excel File activity or with the Project Notebook.
- Destination range - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select the Excel file and a named range or sheet to format as a table. If you select a sheet, only the range with data is formatted as a table.
Alternatively, you can select Indicate in Excel to open the file and select a range directly from the file, Custom Input to enter the range manually, or Open in Advanced Editor to enter a VB expression.
- New table name - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select a name for the table using one of the available options:
- Data from the Project Notebook, a parent Excel file or Outlook account. For example, select a cell in an Excel file, or a field in a selected Outlook email.
- Use Saved Value - Select a value that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Text - Enter the name using the Text Builder.
- Ask when run - Prompt for a name when the project is executed.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- See the options in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
- Has headers - If selected, the first row in the range is used as a header row for the table. This option is selected by default.
Updated 3 months ago