Creates a task in Orchestrator with the given data, task title, task priority and task catalog.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. This field only supports Boolean values (True, False). The default value is False. As a result, if the field is blank and an error is thrown, the execution of the project stops. If the value is set to True, the execution of the project continues regardless of any error.
If this activity is included in Try Catch and the value of the ContinueOnError property is True, no error is caught when the project is executed.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- TimeoutMS - Specifies the amount of time (in milliseconds) to wait for the activity to run before an error is thrown. The default value is 30000 milliseconds (30 seconds).
- ExternalTag - A tag that can be used to identify the external system which is the source for the data in the given task. This field supports only strings and String variables.
- FolderPath - The path to an Orchestrator Folder different to the one the current process operates in, where you want to create the task. To read more on Orchestrator Folders, go here. For Classic folders, this property can only be used with Floating Robots and only if the current user has the correct task privilege in the target folder. For Modern folders, folder path overriding is not supported. This field supports only strings and
This property must be used only if the task must be created or queried from a folder different than the current one. If the user performing this action does not have the required permission for the target folder, task creation fails and throws a critical error. You can view more info on Folder Permissions here.
- TaskCatalog - An optional business classification of task items. This field supports only strings and String variables.
- TaskData - A collection of business data in the form
Dictionary<String,Argument>that you want to store in a given task. Modifying OUT and IN/OUT arguments maps them back to the workflow after task completion. This field supports only
- TaskPriority - Enables you to select the priority level of the task. By default, this property is set to TaskPriority.Medium The following options are available: TaskPriority.Low, TaskPriority.Medium, TaskPriority.High, TaskPriority.Critical.
- TaskTitle - The title of the task you want to create. This field supports only strings and String variables.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- TaskObject(Output) - The task object that is returned from Orchestrator as a
ExternalTaskDataobject after the task is created. This object can be passed to the Wait for External Task and Resume activity in order to suspend the execution of the workflow until the task is completed.
Some properties can be configured straight from the body of the activity itself, for easier handling, such as:
- Task Title
- Task Priority
- Task Catalog
- Task Data
- Task Object (Output)
Updated 6 days ago