- Designing long-running workflows
- Start Job And Get Reference
- Wait for Job and Resume
- Add Queue Item And Get Reference
- Wait For Queue Item And Resume
- Create Form Task
- Wait for Form Task and Resume
- Resume After Delay
- Assign Tasks
- Create External Task
- Wait For External Task and Resume
- Complete Task
- Forward Task
- Get Form Tasks
- Get Task Data
- Add Task Comment
- Update Task Labels
Action Catalogs are Action containers, where you can categorize your Actions based on various criteria. The catalog inside which an Action resides is set at action creation, using the Action creation activities in Studio.
Action catalogs in activities
The Task Catalog or ActionCatalog properties are found in the Persistence.Activities and Intelligent.OCR.Activities packages. These properties can only be populated with existing Action Catalogs.
Action catalogs in solutions packages
You can add Action catalogs inside solutions packages. Visit Solutions Management overview to learn how solution packages work and how to create, manage, and deploy them.
Accessing Action Catalogs
The Admin Settings page displays all the folders in your tenant and allows you to create or update an Action Catalog in every folder that you have access to.
- To access the Admin Settings page, go to the page header and select the Admin Settings tab.
- From the left side of the Admin Settings page, select the Orchestrator folder from where you want to access action catalogs.
Creating Action Catalogs
To create a new Action Catalog:
- Select the desired folder.
- Select Add New Catalog. The Create Catalog wizard opens.
- Enter a Name (mandatory) and a Description (optional) for your Action Catalog.
- Select Create.
Result: The new catalog is displayed in the Action Catalog list of the selected Orchestrator folder.
Adding labels to Action Catalogs
- Go to the folder where you want to create the Action Catalog.
Select Add New Catalog.
The Create Catalog wizard opens.
- Add the desired labels inside the Labels field, the same way you would do for Actions.
- Select Create.
Encrypting Action Catalogs
- When you create a new Action Catalog, select the Store in encrypted format checkbox. Select the Store in encrypted format checkbox if you want to have the linked actions encrypted inside the database.
Result: This encrypts the Actions (also known as Task Data) that are associated to the current Action Catalog. Actions that are not linked to any Action Catalog do not get encrypted.
- The encrypting operation cannot be undone.
- Only the Data values of an Action are encrypted.
- Action data that is part of existing Action Catalogs cannot be encrypted. As an alternative, you can recreate the Action Catalog, select the Store in encrypted format checkbox, and regenerate the Actions.
Updating Action Catalogs
To update an existing Action Catalog:
- Navigate to the hosting folder of the Action Catalog.
- Select the Action Catalog you want to edit and select the Edit icon.
- Change the Name, Description, or Labels for this specific Action Catalog.
- Select Save to record your changes.
Creating Actions Inside a Specific Action Catalog
To create Actions inside a specific Action Catalog:
- Create an Action Catalog inside the desired Orchestrator folder.
- Add either a Create Form Task,Create External Task,Create Document Validation Action, or a Create Document Classification Action into your workflow.
- Inside the activity where you create Actions, input the name of the Action Catalog previously created inside the TaskCatalog, or ActionCatalog property field.
Result: The Actions created are stored inside the already existent Action catalog that you input.
Deleting Action Catalogs
- Move all the Actions linked to the Action Catalog that you want to delete to another Action Catalog, by editing the properties of the linked Actions.
- Go to the Admin Settings page, and to the folder of the Action Catalog.
Hover over the Action Catalog you want to delete, and select Delete
The Delete Action Catalog dialog appears.
- Select Delete to permanently delete the Action Catalog.