Creates a form task in On-Premises Orchestrator and in Action Center, both cloud and on-premises instances.
Make sure to use UiPath.Persistence.Activities v1.2.1+ in Studio v2021.4. Otherwise, when you open the Form Designer, it does not hold focus and you can interact with the Studio UI elements.
This activity needs the UiPath.FormActivityLibrary dependency to work properly.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. This field only supports Boolean values (True, False). The default value is False. As a result, if the field is blank and an error is thrown, the execution of the project stops. If the value is set to True, the execution of the project continues regardless of any error.
If this activity is included in Try Catch and the value of the ContinueOnError property is True, no error is caught when the project is executed.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- TimeoutMS - Specifies the amount of time (in milliseconds) to wait for the activity to run before an error is thrown. The default value is 30000 milliseconds (30 seconds).
- FormData - A collection of business data in the form
Dictionary<String,Argument>that you want to display in a form within the Actions inbox. Modifying OUT and IN/OUT arguments maps them back to the workflow after task completion. This field supports only
- GenerateInputFields - If selected, all the entries from the Form Data Collection are generated as components in the Form Designer. Leaving it empty does not append additional form fields to the designer.
- Orchestrator Folder Path - The path to the Orchestrator Folder you want to use with this activity. If left empty, the current Orchestrator folder is used. This field supports only strings and String variables.
If the user performing this action does not have the required permission for the target folder, task creation fails and throws a critical error. View more info on Folder Permissions.
- Reference - The label used as reference for future filtering of the tasks. This field supports only string values.
- TaskCatalog - An optional business classification of task items. This field supports only strings and String variables.
- TaskPriority - Enables you to select the priority level of the task. By default, this property is set to TaskPriority.Medium The following options are available: TaskPriority.Low, TaskPriority.Medium, TaskPriority.High, TaskPriority.Critical.
- TaskTitle - The title of the task you want to create. This field supports only strings and String variables.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- TaskObject(Output) - The task object that is returned from Orchestrator as a
FormTaskDataobject after the task is created. This object can be passed to the Wait for Form Task and Resume activity in order to suspend the execution of the workflow until the task is completed.
TaskObject has several attributes that hold information about the output action object.
For example, the
TaskUrlattribute gives you the URL to the action inside the Actions tab in Orchestrator On-Premises, while the
ActionUrlattribute gives you the URL to the action inside the Actions tab in Automation Cloud.
To access the action from the Action Center on-premises, append
/actions_/tasks/taskIDto the Action Center base URL, for example:
- Storage Bucket Name - The storage bucket you want to use for large data files referenced in the form data.
- Storage Folder Path - The full path to the folder in the specified storage bucket. This field supports only strings and
Using image embedding with the Storage Buckets must be done in conjunction with the Upload Storage File activity. The argument name must be suffixed in the FormDataCollection property and mapped to an image in the form by using underscore (
_) in an HTML Element control.
The argument name (
<key>_storage) must be mapped to the storage value in the Destination property of the Upload Storage File activity.
Please note that image file names must not contain plus (
+), as this character is masked by the storage bucket upload process resulting in an error.
Some properties can be configured straight from the body of the activity itself, for easier handling, such as:
- Task Title
- Task Priority
- Task Catalog
- Form Data
- Task Object (Output)
Also, by clicking the Open Form Designer button, you can open the Form Designer Wizard, which enables you to customize the form that you want to use in your workflow.
Updated 16 days ago