Creates a folder in the specified location. If a folder with the same name already exists at the specified path, the activity does nothing. If a parent folder that does not exist is specified in the path, the entire path is created.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. This field only supports Boolean values (True, False). The default value is False. As a result, if the field is blank and an error is thrown, the execution of the project stops. If the value is set to True, the execution of the project continues regardless of any error.
If this activity is included in Try Catch and the value of the ContinueOnError property is True, no error is caught when the project is executed.
- Path - The full path of the directory to be created.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
Creates a folder in the specified location.
To learn how to use this activity, see Tutorial: Working with Files and Folders.
Configuring the Activity
In the Body of the Activity
Folder name - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, choose one of the available options to indicate the folder to create:
- Data from the Project Notebook, a parent Excel file or Outlook account. For example, select an Excel file and then select a cell that contains a folder path, or indicate a field from a selected email in Outlook that contains a folder path.
- Use Saved Value - Select a value in the form of a folder path that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Text - Enter a folder path in the Text Builder. You can combine text with a formula from an Excel file cell, for example to add a date to the folder name using formulas in the Project Notebook.
- Ask when run - Prompt for a folder path when the project is executed.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
If only a folder name is specified, the folder is created in the project folder.
In the Properties Panel
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
- ContinueOnError - If selected, specifies that the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. If not selected, the execution of the project stops when an error is encountered.
- Path - See Folder name in the body of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the data used in the activity is not logged by StudioX.
Updated 2 months ago