In the Studio profile, this activity is named Assign.
Allocates any value to a variable or argument. It can be used to increment the value of a variable in a loop (see the example in the The Do While Activity chapter), sum up the value of two or more variables and assign the result to a different variable (see the example in the Generic Value Variables chapter), assign values to an array (see the Array Variables chapter) and so on. By default, this activity is also included in the Favorites group.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- To - The name of the variable to be assigned a value.
- Value - The value you want to assign to the variable.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
This activity is built by Microsoft. For more information, see their official documentation.
In the StudioX profile, this activity is named Save for Later.
Saves a value for later use in the automation. The saved value can be used as input in another activity.
Configuring the Activity
In the Body of the Activity
- Save to - Click Plus on the right side of the field, then select Save for Later Use and give a name by which to refer to the value in other activities. Alternatively, you can select Use Saved Value to update an existing value that you previously saved for later use in the project, Variables to select a variable created for use in App/Web activities selectors. or Open in Advanced Editor to enter a VB expression.
- Value to save - Click Plus on the right side of the field, then select one of the options in the menu to indicate the value to save:
- Data from the Project Notebook, a parent Excel file or email account. For example, you can select a cell in an Excel file or a field in the email selected in Outlook when the project is executed.
- Use Saved Value - Use another value that you previously saved for later use in the project.
- Text - Enter text in the Text Builder.
- Number - Enter a number or formula.
- Variables - Select a variable created for use in App/Web activities selectors.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
In the Properties Panel
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel.
Updated 4 months ago