To edit the documents from an automation using Task Capture follow the below steps:
- The option to Edit with Task Capture is displayed only for documents created using Task Capture.
- In case a document is created in Task Capture but not exported through the Task Capture Export to Automation Hub option, you can attach and edit it only if it's attached as Task Capture Document.
- Access the Automation Profile page > Documentation tab.
- Search for the document under the Automation Files area.
The document needs to be marked as Task Capture Document.
- Click the three-dotted icon and select Edit with Task Capture.
- Click the Open Task Capture button from the pop-up window. The tool is launched and the .ssp file is downloaded.
The Task Capture tool will not open if you do not have it installed on your PC or if the version is lower than 20.4. To resolve this issue click the Download drop-down list and follow the steps from the Download Task Capture page.
In case the language set up in Automation Hub is different from the one in Task Capture, a message is displayed in Task Capture allowing you to switch the Task Capture language to the one set up in Automation Hub.
- Apply the necessary updates. Please check the Viewing and Editing a Sequence page from the Task Capture User Guide for details about the available options.
- Click the Update button displayed at the top right-hand side of the window.
- The download progress bar is displayed, while the .ssp, .docx, .xaml, and .jpg (diagram image) are published to the Automation Profile.
You also have the option to cancel the update by clicking the x icon displayed at the end of the progress bar.
- When the uploading is completed, a confirmation message is displayed at the bottom right-hand side of the Task Capture window.
You also have the option to view the documentation captured with Task Capture as well as other documents included in the Automation Documentation section (jpg, jpeg, gif, png, docx, pdf) by clicking the Preview option.
SSP files that are uploaded as Task Capture Documents do not show the Preview option.
All documents edited with Task Capture, including SPP files that were not initially imported using the Export to Automation Hub option, are uploaded to Automation Hub as .zip files that contain the ssp, docx, jpg, and xaml files.
Updated about a month ago