- Starting as the Account Owner
- Starting as an RPA Sponsor
- Starting as a Component Curator
- Starting as a Program Manager
- Starting as an Idea Approver
- Starting as an Authorized User
- Starting as a Standard User
- Learn More With Courses From Academy
- Admin Console Overview
- Deleting Data
- Explore Overview
- Introduction to the Automation Cloud Integration
- Migration FAQ
- License Allocation and Management
- Managing Automation Hub Service
- Azure Active Directory Integration
- Differences in the Service View
- Automation Store Flow
- Publish Settings
When accessing an Automation Profile page the information first displayed is the one available in the About section. Users with assigned permissions to move an idea forward or to Update the Phase and Status of any idea can change the Phase and Status field in view mode. In edit mode, users with editing rights can modify any question part of the assessments displayed in the about page.
Automation Profile header
This section is the place where you can find information about Phase and Status, Submitter and how to follow automations.
Phase and Status
The Phase and the Status allow users to easily update the automation idea journey through the options available in the dropdown lists. The options displayed may vary as per each user's permissions to transition an idea.
The submitter's name allows you to see who submitted the automation idea and to see the submitter's profile by clicking on its name.
You can choose to Follow automations you are particularly interested in. By doing this, the automation becomes easily accessible from the Workspace > Following module. Also, you will receive notifications when updates are performed in the automation profile page.
Another option actively involving you in the automation idea lifecycle is the Interested. By clicking it, you express your support regarding the implementation of the automation idea or your interest in a citizen developer automation.
Shared ideas go through an evaluation process consisting of different levels of assessments. In the About page, all assessments are visible for a quicker editing process.
Check Customize Assessments chapter to find out more!
In the overview, you can edit the About and Basic information sections.
The About section allows users to add/update the following details:
- Automation Name, field accepts a maximum of 100 characters;
- Auto-generated ID: the auto-generated unique ID of the automation idea from the database that can be used in API calls or other purposes.
- Automation ID: this field enables the Process Owner, Project Manager, and collaborators who have editing rights in the About section to add an (alpha-)numerical unique ID for each idea. The ID can have a maximum of 50 characters and can include the following special characters: hyphen (-), exclamation mark (!), hash (#), comma (,), underscore (_), and dot (.)
- Categories. For details about the Categories and how these are set up, please check Categories.
- Pain Points;
- Negative Impact.
Tags: Optional field that helps group or create links between different ideas or automations. A list of tags is displayed on selection and a new tag can be created available immediately for selection. Multiple tags for one idea can be added with a maximum of 18 characters per tag.
Basic information section
This section is the place where you can find information about Date submitted, Development type, Idea type, and Priority.
The Date Submitted allows you to see when the automation idea was shared.
To change the date when the automation idea was shared folow this steps:
On the automation idea, select Edit mode.
Scroll down until Basic information section is visible and select the displayed date.
From the popup calendar, select the desired date and then Save the automation idea.
The Development Type allows users to choose the source of development for each of the automations ideas from a drop-down list containing the following options:
- No Development Type
- Citizen Developer Power User
Citizen Developer Self User
By default, No Development Type is set after submissions.
Here you can find out the automation idea type. It can have the following values:
- Employee-driven idea: Automation idea was submitted using the Employee-driven idea flow
- CoE-driven idea: Automation idea was submitted using the CoE-driven idea flow.
- Citizen Developer automation: Automation idea was submitted using the Share Automation flow.
Task Mining idea: Automation ideas from Task Mining submitted directly to Automation Hub.
- Process Mining idea: Automation idea was added via the POST Process Mining Idea API call.
Change request: This is particularly useful for small changes submitted using the Change Request flow that do not require a completely new automation.
The Priority allows users to choose an appropriate level of importance in order to facilitate the decision-making process regarding moving an automation idea forward in the flow. To update it select the Edit button next to Actions. A drop-down list is displayed allowing you to update the priority using numbers from 0 to 100.
- If the Priority is not set up, the fields are not displayed in the About page - view mode.
- You can set up the same priority for multiple ideas.
Setting a priority of 0 is not recommended as this returns "null" when data is fetched via API call.
By default all idea profiles have Misc assessment available in edit mode. In view mode, only questions that have and answer are visible.
This section allows users who were granted editing rights in the About section to add a text describing the expected benefits, pre-implementation, as well as actual benefits, post-implementation.
This section allows users who were granted editing rights in the About section to add a text describing the difficulties expected and the ones encountered during the implementation.
This section allows users who were granted editing rights in the About section to add a text describing the knowledge useful for future implementation.
Users who were granted editing rights in the About section can upload here images and videos associated with the described process.
Uploading Video or Image Files:
- For better visibility and consumption during the Idea Profile exploration we recommend uploading videos in the profile's About page as here a media player is embedded.
- Videos can also be uploaded in the Idea Profile Documentation page. Still, no media player is displayed in this case. The video file appears as a card with the download option.
- The video maximum size is 200 Mb and the accepted format is mp4 only.
The image maximum size is 200 Mb and accepted formats are jpg, jpeg, gif and png.
Similar Automation Ideas
Users who were granted editing rights in the About section can select/ remove automations identified as being similar to the one that is being reviewed.
By clicking the Add Automation card the Add Similar Automation pop-up is displayed allowing the user to search and link similar automation ideas.
To remove an automation idea from this section simply click the X icon and confirm your action.