UiPath Marketplace is a web library of pre-built RPA content meant to optimize and scale your automation journey. With over 1000 reusable listings (including native UiPath integrations) covering numerous industries and use cases, there is no longer a need for building everything from scratch over and over again.
All the content published on the Marketplace undergoes an extensive certification process, making automation even more beneficial as the development time decreases without sacrificing the overall content quality and security.
We welcome you to become a vendor on UiPath Marketplace. You can sell your automations, share your RPA knowledge, competence and allow others to purchase and use your content to save development time and effort.
Here you can find answers on how to approach the creation and submission of your content on UiPath Marketplace.
If you would like to publish content on the Marketplace but you don’t have yet a clear idea about what you should create, please see the How to pick up in-demand content chapter to help you in this process.
If you already know what you would like to publish, check out our Standards for Quality Content page where we have described the general guidelines for the quality criteria we take into account while reviewing all submissions. Even if a listing does not check all standards described, it’s good to aim for most of them.
To start using UiPath Marketplace as a Marketplace Partner or a Customer, you need to register a user profile. Depending on your needs, please use either a personal email address (to create an individual user profile) or a business email address (to represent/become part of an organization) to sign up.
This will allow you to publish content as a Community Contributor and also consume content. To find out more information on this topic, please check How to register a User profile.
This option allows you to publish content as a Company and consume existing content. Furthermore, a Company Profile gives you the advantage of becoming eligible for the Certification Program - Gold badge. More details are included in the How to register a Company profile.
If you would like to switch from an individual profile to a company profile, the How to prepare all necessary assets for an Organization Profile article contains comprehensive information to easily set up a company and register it on the Marketplace.
Submitting listings on the Marketplace can seem complicated at a first glance, this is why we have put together the following guidelines to help with every step of this process.
- Start with checking our Publishing Guidelines article that navigates you on how to submit the listing. We outline here all the steps of the process, including the dos and don'ts.
- Then, learn a few important things about how to write good text descriptions for your content so it becomes more SEO-optimized, and thus more visible for potential consumers here
- Content certification process is applied to make sure the content our users consume matches their expectations. You can learn here about what we pay attention to during the revision of the content quality to speed up the curation process and get your listing published from the first try.
- To make sure consumers can find out how to use your content, we require you to submit help documentation. We recommend submitting a link to a live documentation site (like GitHub, or Atlassian Confluence, or any other platform where you would host it). This allows you as a Marketplace Partner to easily support it and update it when needed. You can also submit a detailed guide in a form of a PDF file. Either online or offline documentation should include the following structure as provided in the User Guide Template for Listings.
For a listing to be published on UiPath Marketplace, you must include in the listing's Description all details about the UiPath products that are used in the automation or that are compatible with your automation, and the role that they play.
Partners may not include the names of third parties or third parties' apps or other third party products in the text of their listing or product description on the UiPath Marketplace without express authorization from the third party.
After you successfully submit your listing on UiPath Marketplace, a Marketplace Security Certification process is triggered. This process comprises a series of checks and, as a result, the listings are marked with a specific badge depending on the level of quality and security checks they went through prior to being published on the Marketplace.
- To discover the different layers of security we apply for each level of certification, what are the differences between the levels, you can have a look at the Marketplace Security Certification Levels article. This way, you can also have an idea about where your listing can be positioned.
- If you would like to reach one of the highest Marketplace Security Certification levels, check out the Requirements for Silver and Gold Certified section to see what are the necessary prerequisites. It is important to mention that users are more inclined to use a listing that provides higher levels of Marketplace Security Certification, as this signals that the listing respects best practices and industry security standards.
- We fully understand the need of protecting your code, this is why we offer the possibility of adding a level of assurance against those that use reverse-engineering techniques in order to obtain the source code behind a package. Access the IP Protection page to find out more.
To dive deeper into the Marketplace Security Certification process, please see the Marketplace Security Certification page.
By monetizing your content, you can:
- Unlock new revenue opportunities
- Gain exposure to more than a hundred thousand Marketplace users
- Receive ongoing guidance & support from the UiPath Marketplace team
In the first phase of monetization, only Custom Activities can be monetized. We plan to introduce this feature for other content types at a later date.
To make sure you have the necessary information about what you need to know before submitting a paid listing, please check our Vendor FAQs.
By having strong social proof (e.g. high number of reviews, high average rating, etc..) you can have a direct and positive impact on the download rate of the automation. We aim to bring more visibility to every Marketplace Partner's content. To do so, we have a series of promotional activities where we highlight the most recent and promising content and bring it forward to our users.
To find more on this topic, please visit the How to promote your content section.
Updated 6 months ago