UiPath Marketplace is the largest web library of pre-built RPA content meant to optimize and scale your automation journey. With over 1000 reusable listings (including native UiPath integrations) covering numerous industries and use cases, there is no longer a need for building everything from scratch over and over again. All the content published on the Marketplace undergoes an extensive Marketplace Security Certification process, making automation even more beneficial as the development time decreases without sacrificing the overall content quality and security.
We welcome you to become a vendor on UiPath Marketplace. You can share here your knowledge, competence, allow others to save time reusing the content you have created (or planning to create).
Here you can find answers on how to approach the creation and submission of your own content to UiPath Marketplace.
If you would like to publish content on the Marketplace but you don’t have yet a clear idea about what you should create, please see the How to pick up in-demand content chapter to help you in this process.
If you already know what you would like to publish, check out our Standards for Quality Content page where we have described the general guidelines for the quality criteria we take into account while reviewing all submissions. It’s good to note that, even if a listing does not check all standards described, it’s good to aim for most of them.
The first step towards publishing content on the Marketplace is to create a profile. To start using UiPath Marketplace as a publisher or a consumer, you need to register a user profile. Depending on your needs, please use either a personal email address (to create an individual user profile) or a business email address (to represent/become part of an organization) to sign up.
This will allow you to publish content as a Community Contributor and also consume content. To find out more information on this topic, please check How to register a User profile.
This option also allows you to publish content as an Organization and consume existing content. Furthermore, an Organization Profile gives you the advantage of becoming eligible for the Marketplace Security Certification - Silver Certified and Gold Certified levels and for monetizing your content when this feature will become available on the Marketplace. More details are included in the How to register an Organization profile section.
If you would like to switch from an individual profile to an organization profile, the How to prepare all necessary assets for an Organization Profile article contains comprehensive information to easily set up an organization and publish it on the Marketplace.
Submitting listings on the Marketplace can seem complicated at a first glance, this is why we have put together the following guidelines to help with every step of this process.
- Start with checking this article that guides you on how to submit the listing. We outline here all the steps of the process, including the dos and don'ts.
- Then, learn a few important things about how to write good text descriptions for your content so it becomes more searchable, and thus more visible for potential consumers here
- Content certification process is applied to make sure the content our users consume matches their expectations. You can learn here about what we pay attention to during the revision of the content quality to speed up the curation process and get your listing published from the first try.
- To make sure consumers can find out how to use your content, we require you to submit help documentation. We recommend submitting a link to a live documentation site (like GitHub, or Atlassian Confluence, or any other platform where you would host it). This allows you as a publisher to easily support it and update it when needed. You can also submit a detailed guide in a form of a PDF file. Either online or offline documentation should include the following structure: User Guide Template for Listings.
After you successfully submit your listing on UiPath Marketplace, a Marketplace Security Certification process is triggered. This process comprises a series of checks and, as a result, the listings are marked with a specific badge depending on the level of quality and security checks they went through prior to being published on the Marketplace.
- To discover the different layers of security we apply for each level of certification, what are the differences between the levels, you can have a look at the Marketplace Security Certification Levels article. This way, you can also have an idea about where your listing can be positioned.
- If you would like to reach one of the highest Marketplace Security Certification levels, check out the Requirements for Silver and Gold Certified section to see what are the necessary prerequisites. It is important to mention that users are more inclined to use a listing that provides higher levels of Marketplace Security Certification, as this signals that the listing respects best practices and industry security standards.
- We fully understand the need of protecting your code, this is why we offer the possibility of adding a level of assurance against those that use reverse-engineering techniques in order to obtain the source code behind a package. Access the IP Protection page to find out more.
For more details regarding the Marketplace Security Certification process, please see the Marketplace Security Certification page.
By having strong social proofs (e.g. high number of reviews, high average rating, etc..) you can have a direct and positive impact on the download rate of the automation. We aim to bring more visibility to every publisher's content. To do so, we have a series of promotional activities where we highlight the most recent and promising content and bring it forward to our users.
To find more on this topic, please visit the How to promote your content section.
Updated 8 months ago