Before using the Google Maps Platform Activities Package, you need to configure your applications using the Google Cloud Platform.
There are two configuration steps:
- Enable APIs - this step enables automation by granting API access to your Google applications.
- Create credentials - this specifies the authentication type used to interact with your enabled APIs.
Follow the steps listed below to enable your APIs.
- Sign in to the Google Cloud Platform using your personal, work, or school Google G Suite account.
- In the top menu bar, after Google Cloud Platform, select the project you want to use for your automation project.
- If you don't have a project, create one by following the Creating and Managing Projects instructions in the Google Cloud documentation.
- Open the Navigation menu in the top navigation bar
- Hover over APIs & Services (showing a menu of options) and select Library (opening the API Library).
- From the API Library, go to Maps section
- Click on Places API
- In the Places API page, click Enable
Follow the steps listed below to create credentials for your project.
- From your project APIs & Services page (Google Cloud Platform> Project > APIs & Services), click Credentials in the left-hand navigation panel.
- After the Credentials page opens, click Create credentials and select API Key. An API key is the simplest authentication mechanism.
For more information about API Keys, see Using API Keys in the Google Cloud Documentation.
The Package contains a set of 7 activities which are as follows.
- Google Maps Scope
- Find Place
- Nearby Search
- Get Place Details
- Get Place Photo
- Place Autocomplete
- Query Autocomplete
Updated about a month ago