Automation Suite enables you to deploy the full UiPath automation platform in a Linux environment ranging from bare metal machines to on-premises Virtual Machine infrastructure, or cloud subscriptions to any of the major providers.
Managing multiple server product deployments independently usually requires configuring integrations with enterprise systems for authenticating and managing users, as well as managing and monitoring each deployment from an availability and scale perspective.
Automation Suite contains everything in one package that you can deploy in multi-node HA-ready production mode with automatic scaling and built-in HA, and monitor, configure, and upgrade as a whole. All the functionality available in Automation Cloud is adapted to make it easier for you to manage everything yourself with low total cost of ownership.
What Automation Suite includes:
- All Server Products (except for Process Mining, which will be added later, and any new products shipping in Automation Cloud first).
- All Shared Suite Capabilities that enable you to easily configure the integration with existing enterprise systems, such as AD, AAD, or SAML, across all products; a common experience is offered across the suite for the user, tenant, external applications, and license management.
- Common end user portal.
- Kubernetes-based infrastructure, cluster management, and monitoring tools, all preconfigured, dedicated to and optimized for UiPath. This enables running all the products at scale and with HA. This means you do not have to design, configure, and validate which Kubernetes versions and components for routing, storage, etc., work well with the UiPath services.
Everything needed is included and optimized, all supported by UiPath.
You just need to bring the machines, load balancer, and SQL. For the specific requirements for the machines as well as installation options and instructions, see Hardware requirements and the remaining of this section.
- Online single-node evaluation
- Online multi-node HA-ready production
- Offline single-node evaluation
- Offline multi-node HA-ready production
We are enabling high availability (HA) by default for multi-node HA-ready production mode as part of the offering. This is enabled as part of the
cluster_config.json configuration at installation time. We also support the ability to add more nodes to either single-node evaluation or multi-node HA-ready production configurations to scale out. However, we do not support going from non-HA to HA mode.
Insights does not support HA.
The upgrade process covers both the infrastructure and the entire UiPath automation platform.
We are using Rancher as the UI layer for managing our cluster. The UI provides a cluster explorer to manage the deployment.
The platform exposes Grafana, Prometheus, and Alertmanager by default for troubleshooting and monitoring. See how to monitor the cluster, set alerts, create and view dashboards to track the deployment here.
For more details, see Monitoring Stack for UiPath Automation Suite
Support Bundle tool collects logs from the in-cluster object/blob store, logs from currently running pods (of last four hours), different events, and Kubernetes object definitions.
For more details on how to use the tool, see Support Bundle.
The suite supports backup and recovery for the entire cluster except for external data sources, such as SQL Server.
Cluster backup is enabled by default every 15 minutes.
For more details, see Backing up and restoring the cluster.
The suite supports both SQL authentication and Kerberos authentication for all SQL database connections.
Learn more about Automation Suite components.
Requirements and installation instructions for Automation Suite.
Complete an initial platform configuration.
Connect your first robot
Monitor the stack, troubleshoot issues, create alerts, and view dashboards from a centralized location.
The following instructions take you to the corresponding product guides.
Updated about a month ago