Automation Suite is currently in the public preview phase.
Automation Suite enables you to deploy the full UiPath automation platform in the environment of your choice, including bare metal machines, on-premises Virtual Machine infrastructure, or cloud subscriptions to any of the major providers.
Managing multiple server product deployments independently usually requires configuring integrations with enterprise systems for authenticating and managing users, as well as managing and monitoring each deployment from an availability and scale perspective.
Automation Suite contains everything in one package that you can deploy in multi-mode mode with automatic scaling and built-in HA, and monitor, configure, and upgrade as a whole. All the functionality available in Automation Cloud is adapted to make it easier for you to manage everything yourself with low TCO.
What Automation Suite includes:
- All Server Products (except for Data Service and Process Mining, which will be added later, and any new products shipping in Automation Cloud first).
- All Shared Suite Capabilities that enable you to easily configure the integration with existing enterprise systems, such as AD, AAD, or SAML, across all products; a common experience is offered across the suite for the user, tenant, external applications, and license management.
- Common end user portal.
- Kubernetes-based infrastructure, cluster management, and monitoring tools, all preconfigured, dedicated to and optimized for UiPath. This enables running all the products at scale and with HA. This means you do not have to design, configure, and validate which Kubernetes versions and components for routing, storage, etc., work well with the UiPath services.
Everything needed is included and optimized, all supported by UiPath.
You just need to bring the machines, load balancer, and SQL. For the specific requirements for the machines as well as installation options and instructions, see Hardware and software requirements and the remaining of this section.
- Single Node Online, Multi-Node Online
- Single Node Air-gapped, Multi-Node Air-gapped
We are enabling high availability by default for multi-node mode as part of the offering. This is enabled as part of the
cluster.config.json configuration at install time. We also support the ability for a customer to add more nodes to either single node or multi-node configurations to scale out. However, we do not support going from non-HA to HA mode.
Insights does not support high availability.
The upgrade process covers both the infrastructure and the entire platform.
We are using Rancher as the UI layer for managing our cluster. The UI provides a cluster explorer to manage the deployment.
The platform exposes Grafana, Prometheus, and Alertmanager by default for troubleshooting and monitoring. See how to monitor the cluster, set alerts, create and view dashboards to track the deployment here.
Support Bundle tool collects logs from the S3 store, logs from currently running pods (of last 4 hours), different events, Kubernetes object definitions from the cluster and gives a downloadable link of this zip file.
For detailed instructions refer to Support Bundle
The suite will support backup and recovery for the entire cluster.
Cluster Snapshot is enabled by default every 12 hours. Enabled by default, config options (including schedule, retention, and reset) are set in the config file as described in the link.
For private preview, we only support basic auth. We will extend to offer integrated auth in a later release. For the June 21st release, we’ll provide documentation on the proper formatting for connection strings to support each DB specific to Basic Auth, for the second release we will offer a guide for Windows Auth.
Learn more about Automation Suite components.
Requirements and installation instructions for Automation Suite.
Complete an initial platform configuration.
Connect your first robot
Monitor the stack, troubleshoot issues, create alerts, and view dashboards from a centralized location.
The following instructions take you to the corresponding product guides.
Updated 3 days ago