To successfully establish a connection and send requests to the Tableau API, the Tableau Scope activity must complete authentication using the supported Tableau API authentication methods such as Basic Authentication, Personal Access Token, or JWT Authentication.
To give the *Tableau Scope activity the ability to authenticate and to enable the other activities to successfully send requests to Tableau API, you must complete the following steps:
After establishing a connection, a parent Tableau Scope activity can output a record of the connection in a Tableau Connection object (Tableau Connection) that you can use in subsequent child scope activities.
The following input properties are required in the Tableau Scope activity:
Follow the Authentication for OData API steps create one of the below
- HTTP Basic Authentication using a (Username) and (Password).
- Personal Access Token using a (Personal Access Token)
- Create a new automation project.
- Open UiPath Studio.
- Under New Project, click Process (this opens a New Blank Process window).
- Enter a project Name, Location, and Description.
- Click Create.
- Install the UiPath.Tableau.Activities package.
- In the Design ribbon, click Manage Packages (this opens the Manage Packages window).
- Under All Packages, click Connect
- In the Search bar, enter Tableau.
- Click, install and accept the license for the UiPath.Tableau.Activities.
- For more information about Uipath Studio packages, see Managing Packages in the Studio Guide.
Now that you have completed the setup, you can start adding the Tableau activities to your project.
To learn more about the Tableau activities (including example property inputs/outputs), see the Activities page for a complete activity list and links to the activity detail pages.
Updated about a month ago