The Add Attachment activity uses the the ServiceNow Attachment - POST API to upload a file (Attachment) to a specific record object (Object and ObjectSysId).
After uploading the file, the activity outputs the sys_id of the attachment (AttachmentId) and the status of the upload (success/failure information) in a
ResponseStatus object (ServiceNowStatus). Both of these outputs can be used as input variables in subsequent activities (e.g., AttachmentId in Download Attachment, Delete Attachment and ServiceNowStatus in conditional logic).
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the ServiceNow Scope activity to your project.
- Add the Add Attachment activity inside the ServiceNow Scope activity.
- Click the Configure button inside the Add Attachment activity (this opens the Object Wizard).
- Select the Object that you want to add the file to and enter values for the Input properties.
- Create and enter a
ResponseStatusvariable for the Output properties.
- Your input property values are sent to the Attachment - POST API.
- The API returns the
ResponseStatusvalues to your output property variables.
To enter your Add Attachment property values, click the Configure button to open the Object Wizard and select a ServiceNow object (you also have the option to enter the object as a
To learn more about the Object Wizard, see the Business Activity Frameworks page.
- Object - The type of ServiceNow object that you want to upload your file to. Use the Object Wizard to select an object or enter a valid
- File - The file to attach. This field supports only
- Sys ID - The ID of the record to which to attach the file. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only
- FileName - The complete local path to the file that you want to upload. Enter a
- ObjectSysId - The sys_id of the ServiceNow record that you want to upload your file to. Enter a
Stringvariable. To get the sys_id value, you can follow one of the methods shown in the ServiceNow unique record identifier (sys_id) documentation or right-click on the record in the ServiceNow UI and select the Copy sys_id option in the pop-out menu.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- AttachmentId - The sys_id of the attachment. Enter a
Stringa variable. The variable you create for this property can be used as an input variable in subsequent activities (e.g., Get ServiceNow Record, Download Attachment, etc.).
- ServiceNowStatus - The status of the request (success/failure information). Enter a
ResponseStatusvariable (UiPath.BAF.Models.ResponseStatus). The
ResponseStatusobject includes three properties that you can use in other activities.
- Success -
Boolean- Specifies whether the API request was successful.
- ErrorCode -
String- The response error if the API request is unsuccessful (Success=False).
- Message -
String- The error message
- Success -
The following image shows an example of the activity dependency relationship and input/output property values.
For step-by-step instructions and examples, see the Quickstart guide.
Updated 2 months ago