The Microsoft Vision package provides state-of-the-art algorithms to process images and return information. For example, you can use it to determine if an image contains mature content, or to find all the faces in an image. It also has other features like estimating dominant and accent colors, categorizing the content of images, and describing an image with complete English sentences. Additionally, it can intelligently generate image thumbnails for displaying large images effectively.
The Microsoft Vision package can do metadata analysis on images. There are multiple use cases depending on the industry and application.
Possible use cases are:
- Generate Tags - Tags an image based on a list of 2000+ terms.
- Explicit Content Detection - Detect explicit content like adult themes or violence within an image.
- Optical Character Recognition - Detect and extract text within an image, with support for a broad range of languages, along with support for automatic language identification.
- Face Detection - Detect multiple faces within an image, along with the age and gender of the identified persons.
- Description Generation - Generate a natural language description of an image.
- Get Thumbnail - Crop the image to the most relevant part.
- Handwriting recognition - Read handwritten text inside an image.
Updated about a year ago