- Hardware and Software Requirements
- Update Studio
- Command Line Parameters
- Supported Applications and Technologies
- Enabling Gmail for Email Activities
- Opting Out of Telemetry
- Studio Executables
- About Publishing Automation Projects
- Designing Automations
- Managing Activities Packages
- Configuring Activity Project Settings
- Signing Packages
- Importing Entities
- Modern Design Experience
- Linking a Project to an Idea in Automation Hub
- Using the Data Manager
- About Workflow Analyzer
- ST-NMG-001 - Variables Naming Convention
- ST-NMG-002 - Arguments Naming Convention
- ST-NMG-004 - Display Name Duplication
- ST-NMG-005 - Variable Overrides Variable
- ST-NMG-006 - Variable Overrides Argument
- ST-NMG-008 - Variable Length Exceeded
- ST-NMG-009 - Prefix Datatable Variables
- ST-NMG-011 - Prefix Datatable Arguments
- ST-NMG-012 - Argument Default Values
- ST-NMG-016 - Argument Length Exceeded
- ST-DBP-002 - High Arguments Count
- ST-DBP-003 - Empty Catch Block
- ST-DBP-007 - Multiple Flowchart Layers
- ST-DBP-020 - Undefined Output Properties
- ST-DBP-023 - Empty Workflow
- ST-DBP-024 - Persistence Activity Check
- ST-DBP-025 - Variables Serialization Prerequisite
- ST-DBP-026 - Delay Activity Usage
- ST-DBP-027 - Persistence Best Practice
- ST-DBP-028 - Arguments Serialization Prerequisite
- ST-USG-005 - Hardcoded Activity Arguments
- ST-USG-009 - Unused Variables
- ST-USG-010 - Unused Dependencies
- ST-USG-014 - Package Restrictions
- ST-USG-020 - Minimum Log Messages
- ST-USG-024 - Unused Saved for Later
- ST-USG-025 - Saved Value Misuse
- ST-USG-026 - Activity Restrictions
- ST-USG-027 - Required Packages
- ST-USG-028 - Restrict Invoke File Templates
- ST-USG-032 - Required Tags
- ST-USG-034 - Automation Hub URL
- Registering custom services
- Before and After contexts
- Application Testing
- Test Cases
- RPA Testing
- Execution Templates
- Test Case Templates
- Mock Testing
- API Test Automation
- About extensions
- About the SetupExtensions tool
- Extension for VMware Horizon
- SAP Solution Manager plugin
- Excel Add-in
- About troubleshooting
- Microsoft App-V support and limitations
- Internet Explorer X64 troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office issues
- Identifying UI elements in PDF with Accessibility options
- Repairing Active Accessibility support
- Automating applications running under a different Windows user
- Automating applications running in AppContainer mode
- Automating applications running as administrator
- Validation of large Windows-legacy projects takes longer than expected
Modern Design Experience
About the Modern Experience
UiPath v2020.4 introduced the UiAutomationNext activities package that delivered a new way in which you identify, configure, and verify target UI elements with new activities, an all-in-one recorder, and a new data scraping wizard. Starting with v2020.10, the UIAutomationNext package has been deprecated and the existing UIAutomation package has been expanded to include all the modern features previously available in UiAutomationNext.
You can use the new features by making sure the modern design experience is enabled in your automation projects. Starting with Studio 2021.10, the modern design experience is enabled by default for all new projects. To find out what changes it brings, read about the differences between modern experience and classic experience.
A modern design experience is also available for Excel automation. For more information, see the Activities guide.
Please note that all projects created in the StudioX profile use the modern design experience by default.
Enabling or Disabling the Modern Experience
By default, the modern design experience is enabled for all new projects. If you want to use the classic design experience that includes the activities, wizards, and recorders that were available by default in Studio v2021.4 and older releases, disable the modern experience for specific projects or configure a global setting that makes it the default experience for all new projects. The project-level setting overrides the global setting.
To enable or disable the modern experience for a project, in the Project panel, select Project Settings, then use the Modern Design Experience toggle from the General tab and reload the project.Note: You can enable the modern experience for projects created in Studio versions prior to v2020.10, which use the classic experience by default.
This setting also enables / disables the modern design experience for Excel if the Excel Design Experience option is set to UseGlobalSetting in the Excel activities project settings.
- To select the default experience for all new projects, go to Home (Studio Backstage View) > Settings > Design, and set the Use Modern for new projects toggle to enable or disable the Modern Design Experience project setting for all newly created projects.
Differences Between Modern Experience and Classic Experience
A separate set of activities is available by default in each experience.
Regardless of the experience selected for a project, you can also enable the activities that are only available by default in the other experience. Click View Options at the top of the Activities panel, and then select:
- Show Modern to view modern activities in a project that uses the classic experience
Show Classic to view classic activities in a project that uses the modern experience.
The following table lists the activities that are available by default in one experience but not in the other. The UI Automation activities that are not listed in the table are available by default in both experiences.
You can only use the Object Repository in the modern experience with modern activities.
- Modern experience - The Table Extraction wizard is available for data scraping.
- Classic experience - The Data Scraping and Screen Scraping wizards are available.