Extracts and copies the text from a UI element. This activity must be added inside a Use Application/Browser activity.
- Click Indicate target on screen to indicate the UI element from which to copy the text.
- Save to - Click Plus on the right side of the field and then, from the menu, select what to do with the copied text:
- Select the Project Notebook or a parent Excel file, and then select a named cell from the file, or select Indicate in Excel to select a cell directly from the file.
- Save for Later Use - Save the output for later use in your project as input for another activity.
- Open in Advanced Editor - Enter a VB expression.
- After you indicate the target, click Menu to access the following options:
- Indicate target on screen - Indicate the target again.
- Edit Target - Open the selection mode to configure the target.
- Extraction Preview - Opens the Get Text - Extraction preview wizard, which enables you to see what text is retrieved from the target in real-time.
The Extraction Preview wizard enables you to choose what scraping method you want to use and also displays in real time the text that is displayed by using the chosen method. The extracted text is displayed in the Extraction preview text box, and can be copied by using the Copy to Clipboard button.
If the Extraction Preview wizard is not used, all scraping methods are tried by default and the best one is chosen automatically. Choosing a scraping method in the Extraction Preview window overrides this mechanism and makes that method the only one that is used.
The following methods are available:
Fulltext - This method offers the option to Ignore hidden text, which can be activated by selecting its respective check box.
Native - This method enables you to Allow formatting and retrieve the screen coordinates of the words by selecting the check boxes for each of these features.
After selecting the method you want to use for scraping, hitting Save & close closes the wizard and propagates the changes you have made in the Properties Panel of the activity.
- Continue on error - Specifies if the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. This field only supports Boolean values (True, False). The default value is False. As a result, if the field is blank and an error is thrown, the execution of the project stops. If the value is set to True, the execution of the project continues regardless of any error.
- Delay after - Delay (in seconds) between the time this activity is completed and the time the next activity begins any operations. The default value is 0.3 seconds. Adding a delay between activities ensures that one activity has enough time to complete before the next activity begins.
- Delay before - Delay (in seconds) between the time the previous activity is completed and the time this activity begins performing any operations. The default value is 0.2 seconds. Adding a delay between activities ensures that one activity has enough time to complete before the next activity begins.
- DisplayName - The name displayed for the activity in the Designer panel. A display name is automatically generated when you indicate a target.
- Timeout - Specify a number of seconds for which to wait for the activity to be executed before throwing an error. You can choose a predetermined value from the drop-down menu associated with this property field. The default value is 30 seconds.
Scraping Method - Describes the scraping method you want to use. The following options are available: Default, Text Attribute, Fulltext, Native.
Target - Before indicating on screen the application you want to automate, this field is set to
(null). Once the target is indicated, all properties regarding the element that was indicated are displayed.
Target.Check element visibility - If selected, checks whether the UI element is visible or not. By default, this check box is cleared.
Target.Click Offset - Specifies an offset for the click activity, which can be further configured.
Target.Click Offset.Anchoring Point - Describes the starting point of the cursor to which offsets from OffsetX and OffsetY properties are added. The following options are available: TopLeft, TopRight, BottomLeft, BottomRight, and Center. By default, Center is selected.
Target.Click Offset.OffsetX - Horizontal displacement of the cursor position according to the option selected in the Position field. This field supports only
Target.Click Offset.OffsetY - VerticaldDisplacement of the cursor position according to the option selected in the Position field. This field supports only
Target.Fuzzy selector - The parameters for the fuzzy selector.
Target.Native text - The text that is used to identify the target element.
Target.Selector - The selector that is generated for the indicated element.
Target.Targeting methods - The selector types that you want to use for identifying the element. This property can be set to any combination of Selector, Fuzzy selector, or Image.
Target.Wait for page load - Before performing the action, wait for the application to become ready to accept input. The following options are available:
- None - Does not wait for the target to be ready.
- Interactive - Waits until only a part of the app is loaded.
- Complete - waits for the entire app to be loaded.
Target.Window selector (Application instance) - The selector that is used for the application window. Only applicable when the window attach mode is set to Application instance.
- Input Element - The UI element on which the activity is executed, stored in an
UIElementobject. This field supports only
UIElementobjects. This object can be obtained from the Output Element property field of other UIAutomation activities.
- Output Element - Outputs a target UI Element and stores it in a
UIElementobject, which can be further used to target the same element with other activities.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Words info - The additional information of the retrieved text, such as screen coordinates, are saved in the variable supplied in this field. This field supports only
- Text - Enables you to store the text from the specified UI element in a variable. Variables created in this field are of String type.
Updated 12 days ago