The UIAutomation activities package contains all the basic activities used for creating automation projects. These activities enable the robots to:
- Simulate human interaction, such as performing mouse and keyboard commands or typing and extracting text, for basic UI automation.
- Use technologies such as OCR or Image recognition to perform Image and Text Automation.
- Create triggers based on UI behavior, thus enabling the Robot to execute certain actions when specific events occur on a machine.
- Perform browser interaction and window manipulation.
As of v2018.3, the
UiPath.Core.Activities package was split into the UIAutomation and System packs. Find out more about the Core Activities Split.
Particular scenarios might require management of strict UIAutomation dependencies versions. For example, a language for the Tesseract OCR engine must be manually installed per UiPath.Vision version. This means that for processes using that language you need to use the corresponding UIAutomation activities package. You can find out more on this page.
The UIAutomation activities package contains the following internally-developed dependencies:
- UiPath.Vision - enables the functionality of OCR and Computer Vision engines.
- UiPath - an essential library for UIAutomation activities.
The table below enlists the dependencies shipped with each version of the UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities package: