To give the *Smartsheet Scope activity the ability to authenticate and to enable the other activities to successfully send requests to Smartsheet API, you must complete the following steps:
After establishing a connection, a parent Smartsheet Scope activity can output a record of the connection in a Smartsheet Connection object (Smartsheet Connection) that you can use in subsequent child scope activities.
At a high level, the steps are the following:
We recommend that you follow Smartsheet's best practices for authorization and authentication as outlined in their documentation.
The following input properties are required in the Smartsheet Scope activity:
Redirect value for OAuth 2.0
For OAuth 2.0 you will need to add (http://127.0.0.1:10001/authorize/) as the Redirect URIs (unless your company requires a different one).
When you have completed the setup process your App Profile in Smartsheet should look like the below.
The first time you run a robot using the OAuth 2.0 flow, you will be asked to allow access in a browser window similar to the one below. You will need to allow this for the complete the authentication process.
You may also choose to generate an access token (API Access Token) instead following the steps at Authentication and Access Tokens.
- Create a new automation project.
- Open UiPath Studio.
- Under New Project, click Process (this opens a New Blank Process window).
- Enter a project Name, Location, and Description.
- Click Create.
- Install the UiPath.Smartsheet.Activities package.
- In the Design ribbon, click Manage Packages (this opens the Manage Packages window).
- Under All Packages, click Connect
- In the Search bar, enter Smartsheet.
- Click, install and accept the license for the UiPath.Smartsheet.Activities.
- For more information about Uipath Studio packages, see Managing Packages in the Studio Guide.
Now that you have completed the setup, you can start adding the Smartsheet activities to your project.
To learn more about the Smartsheet activities (including example property inputs/outputs), see the Activities page for a complete activity list and links to the activity detail pages.
Updated 7 months ago