The Insert ImportSet Records activity uses the ServiceNow ImportSet API to update existing or insert new records.
After completing the operation, the activity outputs the result of the insert in a
DataTable object (Result) and the operation status (success/failure information) in in a
ResponseStatus object (ServiceNowStatus) that you can use in subsequent activities (e.g., conditional logic).
The Update ServiceNow Record, Insert ServiceNow Record, and Upsert Records activities use REST APIs to write directly to a production table. The Insert ImportSet Records activity uses the REST Import Set API to write to an import set table from which the data gets transformed into the target production table.
To avoid writing directly to production tables, it's recommended that you use the Insert ImportSet Records activity to update or insert a new record.
For detailed information, including troubleshooting import set performance, see the import sets in the ServiceNow documentation.
The following steps and message sequence diagram is an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the ServiceNow Scope activity to your project.
- Add the Insert ImportSet Records activity inside the ServiceNow Scope activity.
- Click the Configure button inside the Insert ImportSet Records activity (this opens the Object Wizard).
- Select the Object that you want to use for your import set and enter your Input properties.
- Create and enter a
DataTablevariable and a
ResponseStatusvariable for the Output properties.
- Your input property values are sent to the ImportSet API.
- The API returns the
DataTable andResponseStatus` values to your output property variables.
To select your import set, you must use the Object Wizard by clicking the Configure button.
To learn more about the Object Wizard, see the Business Activity Frameworks page.
- Object - The import set that you want to use. Use the Object Wizard to select your Import Set. The *Object Wizard drop-down list includes the import sets that you have in your ServiceNow application.
If you do not see a list of properties for the object you choose, even looking at the "Add Multiple Fields" option, you may not have sufficient permissions in ServiceNow to see object meta data and modify data. Please see Troubleshooting Permission Issues for more details.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. Enter a
- DataTable - The data that you want to insert. Enter a
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Result - The result data of the insert. Enter a
- Status - The status of the request (success/failure information). Enter a
ResponseStatusvariable (UiPath.BAF.Models.ResponseStatus). The
ResponseStatusobject includes three properties that you can use in other activities.
- Success -
Boolean- Specifies whether the API request was successful.
- ErrorCode -
String- The response error if the API request is unsuccessful (Success=False).
- Message -
String- The error message.
- Success -
Updated 2 months ago