Enables you to invoke a BAPI in a SAP system to which a connection is established by use of the SAP Application Scope. This activity only functions inside of a SAP Application Scope activity.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
Clicking the Configure button in the body of the Invoke SAP BAPI activity opens a wizard that enables you to choose and configure the BAPI you want to invoke.
The BAPI Name search bar can be used to find the BAPI you want to invoke. Once selected, the BAPI's mandatory parameters are added in the table below, where they can be edited.
Parameters marked with
* are mandatory and cannot be deleted.
The table is split into seven columns, as follows:
- Name - The name of the parameter specific to the selected BAPI.
- Description - A short description detailing the parameter.
- Length - Maximum number of characters, if any.
- Data Type - The variable or object type of the parameter.
- Direction - Specifies whether a parameter is In, Out, or In/Out.
- Value - The value of the parameter.
- - Deletes the parameter from the BAPI.
After configuring the parameters you want your BAPI to have, clicking Done closes the wizard and saves the configuration in the Invoke SAP BAPI activity. You can now run the process you have created.
You can add parameters one by one by using the Add Parameter text field in the bottom left part of the window to search the list of parameters and hitting Enter.
The Add Parameters button in the upper right area enables you to add any parameters you want into the BAPI invoke you are performing. Clicking the button switches to a list of all available parameters, where you can specify what parameters you wish to add by selecting their respective check boxes.
The Export Parameters button exports all of the currently defined parameters and their metadata into an
.xlsx file. Clicking the button opens a browsing window which lets you select where you want to save the file containing the exported data. This file can then be used as a template for creating input data files.
Updated 9 months ago