The Alteryx activities use an (Client ID) and (Client Secret) to establish an OAuth connection between UiPath and your Alteryx application. This connection authorizes a Robot to call the Alteryx APIs and access resources on your behalf.
After establishing a connection, a parent Alteryx Scope activity can output a record of the connection in a
Connection object (Connection) that you can use in subsequent child scope activities.
The following steps are an example of how the activity works from design time (i.e., the activity dependencies and input/output properties) to run time.
- Complete the Setup steps.
- Add the Alteryx Scope activity to your project.
- Enter values for the properties located in the body of the activity.
- Create and enter a
Connectionvariable for Output property. You can use this variable in subsequent uses of the Alteryx Scope activity.
To build your project and enable the Object Wizard in other activities, you must use the Connection Wizard by clicking the Configure button inside the body of the activity. The Configure Connection dialog allows you to specify both a Design Connection and a Robot Connection.
The Design Connection is used for authentication only for design-time experiences, such as viewing the list of
Answers in the Run Job activity. The (Robot Connection) credentials will be used when the robot runs any activity.
Property values in the Design Connection section do not need to be quoted.
- Client ID - The Client ID to use for authentication. This field supports only
- Client Secret - The client secret for authentication. This field supports only
- Base Url - The base URL for the connection. This field supports only
For the Base Url, use
http://localhost/gallery/api/unless different. The URL should end with
- Existing Connection - Use an existing Alteryx connection. Enter a
Connectionvariable must be from a previously run Alteryx Scope activity (parent) that still has an active connection.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity. This field supports only Strings or
- Private - If this checkbox is selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- ReportApiErrorAsException - When selected, API error responses are reported in BusinessActivityExecutionException by all child activities that use this application scope. When cleared, the child activity populates the API error message in the ResponseStatus output property and workflow execution continues. Check the ResponseStatus property to confirm successful execution.
- Connection - The connection which can be passed to a child application scope. This field only supports
Updated about a month ago