- Organization Modeling in Orchestrator
- Automation Best Practices
- Optimizing Unattended Infrastructure Using Machine Templates
- Organizing Resources With Tags
- Orchestrator Read-only Replica
- Exporting grids in the background
- About the Tenant Context
- Searching for Resources in a Tenant
- Managing Robots
- Connecting Robots to Orchestrator
- Storing Robot Credentials in CyberArk
- Storing Unattended Robot Passwords in Azure Key Vault (read-only)
- Storing Unattended Robot Credentials in HashiCorp Vault (read-only)
- Storing Unattended Robot Credentials in AWS Secrets Manager (read Only)
- Deleting Disconnected and Unresponsive Unattended Sessions
- Robot Authentication
- Robot Authentication With Client Credentials
- Elastic Robot Orchestration
- Automation Cloud™ Robots - VM
- Automation Cloud™ Robots - Serverless
- Configuring VPN for Cloud Robots
- Bulk Uploading Queue Items Using a CSV File
- Managing Queues in Orchestrator
- Managing Queues in Studio
- Review Requests
- Test Automation
Searching for Resources in a Tenant
You can search for resources in a tenant either by clicking the Search in tenant icon in the upper-right corner of any page or by using the dedicated keyboard shortcut, which is
/ for Windows computers and
/ for Mac computers. Clicking the icon displays the Search in tenant page which lists all folder and tenant resources on which you have View permissions and allows you to edit objects on which you have Edit permissions.
A user with View on Assets in the folders Expenses, View and Edit on Machines at the tenant level will see here the assets from the Expenses folder, and all machine objects in the tenant. They will be also able to edit machine objects from this page.
These are the entities that can be searched in a tenant:
Searching by Object Type
To search by the type of object:
From the Type drop-down, select the object type you want to search for. The list of objects is filtered based on the selected type.
Searching by Containing Folder
To search by the containing folder:
From the Location drop-down, select the folder or subfolder you want to search in. The list of objects is filtered based on the selected folder or subfolder.
Searching by Tags
To view all Orchestrator objects with certain labels and/or properties:
From the Labels drop-down, select the label for viewing associated objects. The list of objects is filtered based on the selected value. All objects with that label are displayed.
From the Properties drill-down, select the key-value pair for viewing associated objects. The list of objects is filtered based on the selected values. All objects with that key-value pair are displayed.
Editing an Object
To edit an object:
- For the object you want to edit, click the corresponding Edit button. The Edit object window is displayed. For example, clicking Edit for an asset opens the Edit asset window.
Do the necessary edits and when done, click Update. Your edits are saved and the entry is updated according to the changes you made.Important: When an object is linked in multiple folders, you are presented with an additional window where you have to choose the exact folder context in which you want to make the edits. The location of the object is only relevant for access control purposes; based on the folder you select, Orchestrator can check whether you have the necessary permissions to edit the object or not. Changing an object in a folder will change it in all folders where it is linked.