Detects a file download initiated from any application and waits for the download to complete before any processing of the file is performed in the automation. Add the activity that starts the download inside this activity, specify the folder where the indicated application saves the downloaded file, and save the properties of the downloaded file to a FileInfo variable.
To make sure the file download works as expected:
- Do not download multiple files at once.
- Add only the activity that starts the file download inside this activity. For example, if you need to use three Click activities to download a file from a web page, you can add an Open Browser activity, and then, inside it:
- Add the first two Click activities.
- Add the Wait for Download activity.
- Add the final Click activity that initiates the download inside Wait for Download.
- Make sure that you specify the Downloads folder correctly. If the indicated application saves the file in a subfolder of this folder, the download is not detected by the activity.
- Make sure that the specified Downloads folder doesn't contain temporary files created by other applications, such as Microsoft Office apps. The Wait for Download activity may mistake these files for downloaded files.
- Increase the Timeout value for downloads that take longer to complete.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Downloads folder - The folder where the application or web browser from which the file is downloaded saves the file. By default, the Downloads folder for the current Windows user is selected.
The downloaded file must not replace an existing file with the same name in the Downloads folder.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- Timeout - Specify a time period for which to wait for the download to complete. The default value is 300 seconds. Increase the value if the file takes longer to download.
- Downloaded file - The properties of the downloaded file. This field supports FileInfo variables.
Detects a file download initiated from any application and waits for the download to complete before any processing of the file is performed in the