UiPath v2020.4 introduced the UiAutomationNext activities package that delivered a new way in which you identify, configure, and verify target UI elements with new activities, an all-in-one recorder, and a new data scraping wizard. Starting with v2020.10, the UIAutomationNext package has been deprecated and the existing UIAutomation package has been expanded to include all the modern features previously available in UiAutomationNext.
You can use the new features by making sure the modern design experience is enabled in your automation projects. Starting with Studio 2021.10, the modern design experience is enabled by default for all new projects. To find out what changes it brings, read about the differences between modern experience and classic experience.
A modern design experience is also available for Excel automation. For more information, see the Activities guide.
Please note that all projects created in the StudioX profile use the modern design experience by default.
By default, the modern design experience is enabled for all new projects. If you want to use the classic design experience that includes the activities, wizards, and recorders that were available by default in Studio v2021.4 and older releases, disable the modern experience for specific projects or configure a global setting that makes it the default experience for all new projects. The project-level setting overrides the global setting.
- To enable or disable the modern experience for a project, in the Project panel, select Project Settings, then use the Modern Design Experience toggle from the General tab and reload the project.
Note: You can enable the modern experience for projects created in Studio versions prior to v2020.10, which use the classic experience by default.
This setting also enables / disables the modern design experience for Excel if the Excel Design Experience option is set to UseGlobalSetting in the Excel activities project settings.
- To select the default experience for all new projects, go to Home (Studio Backstage View) > Settings > Design, and set the Use Modern for new projects toggle to enable or disable the Modern Design Experience project setting for all newly created projects.
- Modern experience - The App/Web and Computer Vision recorders are available.
- Classic experience - The Basic, Desktop, Web, Image, Native Citrix, and Computer Vision recorders are available.
A separate set of activities is available by default in each experience.
Regardless of the experience selected for a project, you can also enable the activities that are only available by default in the other experience. Click View Options at the top of the Activities panel, and then select:
- Show Modern to view modern activities in a project that uses the classic experience
- Show Classic to view classic activities in a project that uses the modern experience.
The following table lists the activities that are available by default in one experience but not in the other. The UI Automation activities that are not listed in the table are available by default in both experiences.
You can only use the Object Repository in the modern experience with modern activities.
- Modern experience - The Table Extraction wizard is available for data scraping.
- Classic experience - The Data Scraping and Screen Scraping wizards are available.
Updated 3 months ago