- Build Your First App
- Build a Mobile-Friendly App
- General User Experience Guidelines
- Use Master Detail View
- Use Document Viewer
- Use Count With Choice Set Values
- Use Selected Values From a Table
- Embed Apps
- Embed Maps
- Hide Containers Using a Button
- Include MailTo Links
- Include Star Ratings
- Set External Context
- Work With Data Source and Value Bind
- Use the Send Interim Result Activity
- Public Apps
- Controls Overview
- Layout and Styling
- Sample App Layouts
- User Context References
- Saving Your App
- App Errors & Troubleshooting
- Rule: If-Then-Else
- Rule: Open a Page
- Rule: Open URL
- Rule: Close Pop-Over/Bottom Sheet
- Rule: Show Message
- Rule: Show/Hide Spinner
- Rule: Set Values
- Rule: Start Process
- Rule: Upload File to Storage Bucket
- Rule: Get File From Storage Bucket
- Rule: Reset Values
- Rule: Create/Update Entity Record
- Rule: Delete Entity Record
- Rule: Add to Queue
- Function: And, Or, Not
- Function: Concat
- Function: Contains
- Function: Count
- Function: EndsWith
- Function: If
- Function: IsBlank
- Function: Guid
- Function: Length
- Function: List
- Function: StartsWith
- Function: Sum
- Function: Sort
- Function: Now
- Function: Today
- Function: Time
- Function: Year
- Function: Month
- Function: Day
- Function: Hour
- Function: Minute
- Function: New
- Function: Lookup
- Function: Filter
- Supported Process Argument Types
- Replacing a Process Referenced in an App
- Referencing a Storage Bucket From Orchestrator
- Configuring an On-Premise Orchestrator for Use by Apps
- Orchestrator Permissions
- Data Flow Between UiPath Apps and Orchestrator
Download a File Using the File Picker Control
Using Storage Bucket
Make sure that you know the name of the file you want to download and the storage bucket it is in. The filename can come from a process, or you can find it in the storage bucket in Orchestrator.
Go to the app where you want to use the this feature.
Create a new page called Download page and add a new Get file from Storage bucket rule to the load event of the page.
Configure the Get file from Storage bucket rule.
Pick the storage bucket containing the file you want to download.
Go to the storage bucket in Orchestrator and copy the name of the file you need to download. Paste the name in the File Name field.
Add a new variable in the Assign file to app variable field.
Add a new File Picker control in the Download page and configure it.
Add the app variable created in step 3.3 in the Value Binding field.
Under Other Properties, mark the Download Only checkbox.
When you click on the File Picker control in runtime, the file is downloaded. You cannot upload a new file using the same control.
Before including a file control into your application, you must have an entity in Data Service and imported in your application.
For more information how to achieve this, see Referencing an Entity in your App.
- Go to the app where you want to add a file control.
- Go to Add control > Input control and add a new File Picker control to your app.
- Add the entity containing the image you want to download in the Value binding field of the File Picker control.
- Under Other Properties, mark the Download Only checkbox.
The File Picker control will display the filename and a download symbol in runtime. If you click the name, the file will be downloaded. You cannot upload a new file using the same control.