Extracts a string and its information from an indicated UI element or image using Tesseract OCR Engine. It can be used with other OCR activities, such as Click OCR Text, Hover OCR Text, Double Click OCR Text, Get OCR Text, and Find OCR Text Position.
The Tesseract OCR engine used in UiPath is updated to version 4.0. You can find more info on the capabilities of this engine here.
- AllowedCharacters - The OCR engine extracts the given string according to the characters specified here.
- DeniedCharacters - The OCR engine extracts the given string without taking into account the characters specified here.
- Invert - If this check box is selected, the colors of the UI element are inverted before scraping. This is useful when the background is darker than the text color.
- Language - The language used by the OCR engine to extract the string from the UI element. For the Google OCR engine, this field needs to contain the language file prefix, such as “ron” for Romanian, “ita” for Italian, and “fra” for French. You can find the supported language prefixes on this page.
- ExtractWords - If this check box is selected, the on-screen position of each detected word is extracted.
- Profile - Choose a preprocessing profile for the specified image or UI element to achieve a better OCR read. The following options are available: None - does not apply a preprocessing profile; Screen - preprocessing suitable for remote desktop applications; Scan - preprocessing suitable for scanned files; Legacy - uses the engine's default settings for preprocessing images, this is the default option.
- Scale - The scaling factor of the selected UI element or image. The higher the number is, the more you enlarge the image. This can provide a better OCR read and it is recommended with small images. If you want to scale down, values between 0 and 1 are also accepted. By default, the value is 2.
- Text - The extracted string. This field supports only
- Result - The extracted words along with their on-screen position. This field supports only
- Image - The image that you want to process. This field supports only
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
Updated about a month ago