Initializes the UiPath Computer Vision neural network, performing an analysis of the indicated window and provides a scope for all subsequent Computer Vision activities. The activity enables you to select which OCR engine you want to use for scraping the text in the target application. The default OCR engine used for this activity is Microsoft OCR. The engine can be changed by manually replacing the default engine with one of your choice.
- ContinueOnError - Specifies if the automation should continue even when the activity throws an error. This field only supports Boolean values (True, False). The default value is False. As a result, if the field is blank and an error is thrown, the execution of the project stops. If the value is set to True, the execution of the project continues regardless of any error.
If this activity is included in Try Catch and the value of the ContinueOnError property is True, no error is caught when the project is executed.
- DelayBefore - Delay time (in milliseconds) before the activity begins performing any operations. The default value for this field is 300 milliseconds.
- DisplayName - The display name of the activity.
- Target.ClippingRegion - Defines the clipping rectangle, in pixels, relative to the UiElement, in the following directions: left, top, right, bottom. It supports both positive and negative numbers.
- Target.Element - Use the UiElement variable returned by another activity. This property cannot be used alongside the Selector property. This field supports only UiElement variables.
- Target.Selector - Text property used to find a particular UI element when the activity is executed. It is actually an XML fragment specifying attributes of the GUI element you are looking for and of some of its parents.
- Target.Timeout (milliseconds) - Specifies the amount of time (in milliseconds) to wait for the activity to run before the
SelectorNotFoundExceptionerror is thrown. The default value is 30000 milliseconds (30 seconds).
- Target.WaitForReady - Before performing the actions, wait for the target to become ready. By default, this field is set to INTERACTIVE. The following options are available:
- NONE - Does not wait for anything except the target UI element to exist before executing the action. For example, you can use this option if you want to retrieve just text from a web page or click a particular button, without having to wait for all UI elements to load. Note that this may have unwanted consequences if the button relies on elements which are not yet loaded, such as scripts.
- INTERACTIVE - Waits for the UI elements you are working with in the target app to exist before executing the action.
- COMPLETE - Waits for all of the UI elements in the target app to exist before actually executing the action.
To assess if an application is in the Interactive or Complete state, the following tags are verified:
- Desktop applications - A
wm_nullmessage is sent to check the existence of the
<uia>tags. If they exist, the activity is executed.
- Web applications:
a. Internet Explorer - The
<webctrl>tag is used to check if the Ready state of the HTML document is set to Complete. Additionally, the Busy state has to be set to
b. Others - The
<webctrl>tag is used to check if the Ready state of the HTML document is Complete.
- SAP applications - First the presence of the
<wnd>tag is verified, after which an SAP-specific API is used to detect if the session is busy or not.
- Private - If selected, the values of variables and arguments are no longer logged at Verbose level.
- ApiKey - The API key used for authenticating to the Computer Vision server. This field supports only strings or String variables. This is a global property, shared between all CV Screen Scope activities in the workflow.
Please note that the API key is only required when connecting to the UiPath Cloud Platform server. You can find more information on acquiring a key here.
Editing the ApiKey property for one scope activity changes the value for all the other scopes in the current workflow, so you don't have to do it manually.
- URL - The URL of the server that runs the Computer Vision service. By default, this property is set to
https://cv.uipath.com/. This is a global property, shared between all CV Screen Scope activities in the workflow.
When using an on-prem server deployment of the neural network model, in order to connect to it with the Computer Vision activities, you must change the value of the URL property of the CV Screen Scope activity to the URL of your server.
More details on connecting to the server are available here.
Updated 8 months ago