This package contains no activities, but once installed in a project, enables you to use a local Computer Vision server. It can be installed via the Package Manager in Studio.
The local Computer Vision model is a scaled down version of the current server model. There are small differences between these versions, such as:
- This version enables you to use Computer Vision directly on the machine it is installed on, without requiring other external resources, such as a separate Server Machine or a powerful GPU, etc.
- The Local Server is slower than the other available types of servers.
- All data used by this version is processed locally, on the machine you have it installed on. No data is sent outside of your machine to be processed.
- Table detection and extraction is not currently supported by this version.
- Costs associated with this version are considerably lower, as the hardware and maintenance requirements are null compared to the On-Prem server version.
- Up until v21.6, the Computer Vision Local Server does not support OCR.
- When you cannot use the Computer Vision Cloud server or the Computer Vision On-Prem server.
- When, due to security concerns, you do not want any data leaving the machine you are running the automation process on.
- When you cannot install additional software on the machine you want to use, as this version does not require additional installation on the machine, it can simply be installed from Studio, via the Package Manager.
Install the UiPath.ComputerVision.LocalServer pack in your Studio Project by using the Package Manager.
Once this package is installed, the CV Screen Scope activity can be configured via the UseLocalServer property to use this local server.
In order to run correctly, UiPath.ComputerVision.LocalServer needs the Visual C++ Redistributables for 2015-2019 for both x64 and x86 systems installed on the operating system where you want to use it. You can find the latest versions here.
If you're using the UiPath.ComputerVision.LocalServer package and you're encountering a
Response from server is not valid error, the most probable explanation is that the local server executable is being blocked by an antivirus software. Please check that
CurrentUser\.nuget\packages\uipath.computervision.localserver\20.10.0\lib\net461 (for version 20.10) or
CurrentUser\.nuget\packages\uipath.computervision.localserver\USED_VERSION\build (for version 21.2 and up) is trusted by the antivirus software you are using.
Updated 11 days ago