- Working With Dashboards and Charts
- Working With Process Graphs
- Showing or Hiding the Menu
- Context Information
- Root Cause Analysis
- Sending Automation Ideas to UiPath Automation Hub
- Simulating Automation Potential
- Due Dates
- Triggering an automation from a process app
- Starting a Task Mining project from Process Mining
- Uploading Data
- Retrieving the Credentials for the Azure Blob Storage
- Loading Data Using DataUploader
- Optimizing an app
- Scheduling Data Runs
- Introduction to Dashboards
- Working With the Dashboard Editor
- Creating Dashboards
- Automation Manager
- Publishing Dashboards
Sending Automation Ideas to UiPath Automation Hub
Different UiPath products work together to discover, investigate and build automation and communicate process improvements. UiPath Automation Hub is used to turn ideas for automation that are discovered from UiPath Process Mining into real automated implementations. You can submit ideas for process improvements that are subject for automation directly from the process graph to Automation Hub.
In Automation Hub the idea will be investigated and processed. Once the automation is built, the impact should become visible in Process Mining.
Submitting Automation Ideas
When you identify a bottleneck in your process while monitoring, for example when a manual activity takes a long time to be executed, you might want to submit a request to automate the activity to Automation Hub. You can do this directly from the process graph.
Follow these steps to submit a request for automation and send it to Automation Hub.
- In the process graph, select Submit to Automation Hub from the menu.
The Submit to Automation Hub form is displayed at the right. See the illustration below.
- Select the activity that is indicated as a candidate for automation from the drop-down list.
When you select the activity in the process graph and slect the Submit to Automation Hub option from the context menu, the activity is selected in the Submit to Automation Hub form.
- Enter a name for the automation idea in the Automation name field. You can, for example, use the format
Activity name - Process name.
The title must be a unique title within the UiPath Automation Hub instance.
- Enter a short description of the automation idea where you can include any pre-conditions, inputs or triggers, and outcomes in the Description field.
- Select the name of a category that is predefined in UiPath Automation Hub as an area for automation to which the automation idea is mapped from the Business area drop-down list.
- Select the applicable option from the Number of ways to complete the process drop-down list to indicate the number of ways to complete the activity that is extracted from the data.
- Enter a percentage value to indicate how much of the input is digital in the % of Digital Input field.
- Select a percentage range from the % of Structured Digital Data Input drop-down list to indicate how much of the digital input is structured.
- Optionally, enter the email address of a process owner who will be invited to fill in a more detailed assessment of the automation idea.
- Select Submit.
When you hover your mouse over an activity in the process graph, the icon is displayed in the activity. When you click on the icon, the Submit to Automation Hub form is displayed at the right and the activity is selected by default.
The Submit to Automation Hub option is also available from the context menu of an Activity. See the illustration below.
When the idea for automation was successfully sent a confirmation dialog is displayed.
When you click on the hyperlink in the confirmation dialog, you are redirected to the idea in UiPath Automation Hub where you are assigned as the submitter of the idea.