- The Automation Express license
- Activating your Enterprise license
- Upgrading and downgrading licenses
- Requesting a service trial
- Allocating licenses to tenants
- Monitoring license allocation
- License overallocation
The Automation Express license
The Automation Express license allows you to try out UiPath development and attended automation capabilities. For ease of access, it is included for free in all licensing plans, except for Community.
This license is governed by a special set of terms, which limit its use to individual needs, as outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy.
There are two ways to obtain an Automation Express license:
- Be invited to an existing organization by its administrator, who can assign you the license.
- Create a new organization under the Free plan, which automatically assigns you the license.
Automation Express grants limited access to the following:
StudioX and Studio Web
- You can only publish packages to your personal workspace.
- Document Understanding processes and their relevant activities cannot be used.
Automation Cloud features, such as Orchestrator and Integration Service
- You only have access to your Orchestrator personal workspace, and can only run attended automations.
- Assistant only displays and allows you to run processes from your personal workspace or the marketplace.
This type of license is not governable through Automation Ops governance policies.
You cannot change the update policy for the Automation Express group. It is automatically set to Latest version, and cannot be changed.
This means that the Automation Express license only supports the latest version of StudioX and Assistant.
In cases where the users/user groups policy is editable (such as for a group that has a combination of Automation Express and other licenses), the Latest version still applies, since we check for the license key.
Roles and access
These are the steps you need to take to benefit from an Automation Express license:
Enable user license management
At the organization administration level, in the Settings > Advanced section, enable the User License Management option.
Allocate an Automation Express license to users
Licenses are allocated to individual users or to groups:
To allocate an Automation Express license to an individual user, access the organization administration level Licenses section, and use the Edit license allocation option.
To include a user in the default Automation Express group, thus automatically assigning them an Automation Express license, access the organization administration level Admin > Accounts and Groups section, and add the user to said group.
- This can only be performed by organization administrators.
Assign the Allow to be Automation User role
By default, users in the Automation Express group have the Allow to be Automation User role at the tenant level.
For organizations created after October 2022, this role is selected by default at the tenant level in Orchestrator.
For organizations created prior to October 2022, manually select the role at the tenant level in Orchestrator.
- Select the Personal Workspace UI profile
- For the Automation Express group in organizations created prior to October 2022, select the Personal Workspace UI profile in Orchestrator, at the tenant level (Manage Access > Assign roles > Edit).
- For the Automation Express group in organizations created after October 2022, this is selected by default.