- Activating your Enterprise license
- Upgrading and downgrading licenses
- Requesting a service trial
- Allocating licenses to tenants
- Monitoring license allocation
- License overallocation
Even if UiPath does not enforce automatic license removal or deny access to the services due to the license excess usage to not create any inconveniences by disrupting your operations, you are required to adjust the license count within the limits of your organization's license plan as soon as you are notified of overallocation.
Continuing to use the excess licenses constitutes a breach of the license agreement and may result in disruption of services if no action is taken within 14 days.
If you have more licenses allocated in your organization than included in your licensing plan, a warning banner is displayed on the Home page and on all Admin pages. This can happen if the number of purchased licenses decreased since you last assigned licenses to accounts or to tenants.
The overallocated license warning is shown on the Home page and on all Admin pages.
You must make sure that the number of allocated licenses matches the number of available licenses.
- If the overallocation indicates a need for additional licenses, then you should purchase licenses.
- If you find that you have as many licenses as you need, then decrease the number of service/robot licenses from tenants that don't need them.
If you have more licenses in use in a particular service than allowed by its current license configuration, the Home and License pages show the number of licenses currently allocated for the service in red.
This can happen if fewer licenses are allocated to a service than the number of licenses in use.