Automation Cloud services are available in multiple locations worldwide, dispersed across various global regions to offer coverage to our customers around the world.
This page provides an overview of where your business-related information, which is used to build and run automations in Automation Cloud, is stored.
Automation Cloud organization data can include operational information such as:
- User identities (first name, last name, email)
- Organization and tenant metadata (organization URL, organization name, tenant names, tenant locations)
- License information (license counts available to each organization, license counts available to each tenant)
The region where this data is hosted varies depending on when the organization was created:
- For organizations created up to and including 11 May 2022, this data is always hosted in the European Union. You can contact Support to request to have your data moved to a different region.
- For organizations created starting with 12 May 2022, this data is hosted in the region you choose at signup, when the organization is created.
Your service data (or business data), on the other hand, refers to any customer-created data in the tenant and relates to your use of automations in Automation Cloud products (services), such as the Orchestrator service, and is hosted:
- for community customers, always in the European Union
- for enterprise and enterprise trial customers, in the selected tenant region, as described below in Tenant and service regions.
For community customers, the business data for your organization, tenant, and services is hosted in the European Union.
Region information for enterprise customers also applies to enterprise trial customers.
We aim to store your business data in the optimal region, which is the region that ensures the best performance, decreased network latency, and data locality. However, your data can be hosted across different regions, depending on:
- the region of your organization
- the default or selected region of your tenants - see Tenant region
- the services you have active in your organization and tenant, and their availability in your region - see the table below.
When you first sign up to Automation Cloud, you specify the country for your organization and we set the optimal region as your organization region.
Example (click to expand)
If your country is Romania, your organization region is mapped to the European Union. This is the region where we provision your account-level services, create the default tenant, and it is also the region where your organization-wide services, such as UiPath Apps, are hosted.
The region refers to where the business data for each service is hosted.
The following table lists each cloud service and indicates if they can be hosted in each of the available tenant regions.
Legend: Available or Not available
Europe (European Union)
AI Computer Vision
Automation Cloud portal 3
Automation Ops 2
1 For the Singapore region, the fallback region is Hong Kong.
2 Organization-level service for which the hosting region is the region of your organization instead of the tenant region.
3 The portal includes the Home page, all pages under Admin, as well as the Resource center (Help) page.
4 Insights does not support data sovereignty for the Canada region.
The region where your services are hosted depends on the tenant region, which is set as follows:
- The region for your default tenant is determined as described under the Organization Region section above. Your business data is hosted accordingly, assuming all services are available within the same region.
- When you create a new tenant, you can choose the tenant region. Your data and resources for that tenant and the selected services are all hosted in the selected region if possible.
We use fallback regions to store backup copies of data so that we can ensure high availability and quick disaster recovery. Also, in the unlikely event of an issue in the main region, it is possible that services actually run in the fallback region for a limited amount of time until the main region is back up and running.
Typically, backups are stored within the same region, but in some cases (which are explicitly listed above), they may be stored in a fallback region. This means that your business data for a particular tenant may be hosted in multiple regions.
We store enterprise and enterprise trial data in paid enterprise deployments, and we store community data in free community deployments.
When you sign up for an Automation Cloud account on the community plan, your organization is created by default within a community deployment. Data for all community customers is hosted on our free community servers in the European Union.
If you sign up for an enterprise trial directly, your organization is created in a paid enterprise deployment. In this case, business data is stored as described in Tenant and service regions.
Upon upgrading from community to enterprise, your organization and any pre-existing services created on the free community deployments are migrated to the paid enterprise deployment over time.
After upgrading to enterprise or enterprise trial, any new services provisioned for new tenants are hosted within the paid enterprise deployment located in the tenant region you choose.
We deploy new releases for cloud services twice a month. New releases are first made available to community deployments, and one week later they are made available to enterprise deployments as well.
Within each region, we have multiple deployments for each of our services for load-balancing and high availability.
To achieve high availability for our deployments, we use multiple Microsoft Azure availability zones within each region. Business data, therefore, remains within the same region in the event of any failover or disaster recovery action, with the exception of cases explicitly listed on this page.
Updated 20 days ago