Adding users to your Automation Cloud organization is done from Cloud Portal. You cannot add users to a service from the service itself.
The Organization Admin role gives you Create, Edit and Delete permissions on the Users page.
To invite up to 20 users simultaneously, follow the steps below. All users invited in one batch are restricted to having the same group settings. To invite multiple users with distinct group settings, use the Bulk Invite functionality documented in the following section.
- On the Users tab, click Invite Users. The Invite Users pane is displayed.
- Fill in the Email field. For multiple users, enter their email addresses one by one, separated with spaces or commas. Enter the correct email address. You cannot edit this field later. If entered incorrectly, delete the user and invite them again.
- Select the parent groups for the invited user(s). See User Group Considerations to choose the access control strategy best suited for your needs.
- Click Invite. The Invite Users window is closed and the invited users are displayed on the Users page as Pending Invitation. Group membership is displayed in the Groups column.
To invite up to 1000 users simultaneously, use a
.csv file containing the users to be invited and the user groups they belong to. Using this method, you can configure distinct group settings for users. See User Group Considerations to choose the access control strategy best suited for your needs.
- On the Users tab, click the down-arrow next to Invite Users .
- Select Bulk Invite. The Upload CSV window is displayed.
- Click Upload File and select the
.csvfile to be uploaded. Upon upload, file validation is performed.
a. If the file meets the requirements, the upload operation is performed successfully, and the users in the
.csvare invited to the organization as part of the corresponding user groups.
b. If the file does not meet the requirements, the Error Summary window is displayed with the reason for failure:
Invalid email format,
Some or all groups were invalid, or
API error. Corrupted user entries are not considered and the corresponding users are not invited.
Click here for the .csv file requirements
.csv file allows for two columns. Any extra columns are not considered. The two columns must be named and populated as follows:
group membership- must be populated with the user groups each user should belong to. If left empty, the user is invited with no associated parent group. It allows for multiple groups, separated by a comma (e.g.,
automation developers, administrators)
.csv is not case sensitive i.e.,
automation users and
Automation Users are both valid.
You can invite up to 1000 users simultaneously with one
By leveraging user groups you can grant default access to all group members without the need to set the access level for each user individually. By granting roles and permissions to groups in your services and adding users to the desired groups in Cloud Portal (be it when inviting them, or by editing them afterward), all group members inherit that access level with no further configuration required You just need to ensure the groups are referenced in the services you use.
- Default user groups (i.e. groups provided by UiPath) are automatically referenced in newly created services, and they are configured with a set of default permissions. You can change this default configuration at any moment if you choose so.
- For services created before the User Groups feature was launched, default user groups are not referenced. They must be added manually.
- Custom user groups (i.e. your own custom groups) must be added manually to your services irrespective of when they have been created.
If you do not want to use groups, leave any user to the default Everyone group, which comes with no roles attached by default. This implies access control is performed on a per-user basis; users must be granted roles individually in each service.
To edit a user, click the corresponding Edit button in the Users page. In the Edit User window, make the desired changes and click Save.
The email cannot be changed.
You cannot change your role. Ask another person with Organization Admin role to perform the changes for you.
To remove a user, click the corresponding Delete button in the Users page, and then Delete to confirm. Alternatively, select one or multiple users, and click the Delete button above the user list. The deleted user/users are no longer displayed on the Users page and they cannot access your Automation Cloud organization.
You cannot delete your own user. Ask another person with Organization Admin role to perform the changes for you.
- In the Users and Groups page, navigate to the Groups tab.
- Click Add Group. The Add Group window is displayed.
- Fill in the Name field.
- On the Group Members field, add users to the group. Only users that have been invited to your organization beforehand are displayed here.
Unlike default user groups, custom groups need to be added manually to your services to ensure the correct mapping between the group membership and the corresponding roles in those services.
Updated about a month ago